Dirty Girl Mud Run

Options
What would you do in order to prepare for this race??

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I had co-workers that did this and from the sounds of it it is not a hugely strenuous thing. Yes, it's going to push you but they said it is for all fitness levels and one of the gals is big...like well over 250lbs and she really enjoyed it. If you come to an obstacle that you don't want to do you don't have too. I believe they said there was a wall you had to get over which at least the one gal didn't do. So, from what they've said I'd probably do some cardio and maybe upper body work if you want to be able to get over the wall. Have fun. If I have the entrance fee I'd like to do it too this coming year.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love mud runs!! I've done 3 in the last month and can't wait till this one comes to Boston!
    Have you ever done one before?

My first one was Oct 6, I was watching what I ate but excerising on and off. It was 4 miles and 10 obstacles. I finished in 1 hour and 20 mins. Yesterday, I finished my third race 4miles and 8 obstacles in 50 mins! That's about a 12 min mile. I'm so proud of myself!! In just over a month I was able to cut 30 mins off my time!!

For training try:
    C25k -I'm not a big runner so this helped me huge. I just downloaded the 10k app on my phone, can't wait to start!
    Burpees, Burpees, Burpees ....cannot stress that enough
    Run at least 3x a week and strength train on the opposite days.
    Don't forget to take a rest day! Work your butt off all week. Make that rest day count!

Hope this helps!
    And best of luck!!!

Add me if you like, always looking for supportive buddies!
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's not hard. I did it this year. The worst for me was the rope wall but only because I'm scared of heights