okay i need a bit of help

Options
13»

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bobbie!!! - lots of information, I am going to have to see how i can change things for me! I truly appreciate your time.
    There was no time involved. It's a cut and paste she uses everywhere.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    My recommendation is go here: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html and find out your "total daily energy expenditure" (TDEE). It is a value in calories of what you burn all day long based on your height, weight, age, and estimated activity level.

Eat about 15% less than that. Do not eat below your "basal metabolic rate" (BMR) which is what you would burn all day if you were in bed watching TV. BMR is what your body needs to fuel life-sustaining processes like respiration and circulation.

If you eat too little food, your metabolism gets a little funky, and you don't have the energy you need to fuel effective work-outs. You'll be tired and lethargic and end up burning less energy, and thus, seeing less weight-saving impact from the calories you *are* eating.

^^^^^^^^^*LIKE* *LIKE* *LIKE*^^^^^^^^^^^

Your sugar-free and sugar alcohols can sometimes also cause some issues with plateauing....clean those out for a bit (stevia is a good substitute).

I am a BIG proponent of PROTEIN. Get more (relative to your desired Lean Body Mass etc)

Never (or rarely ever) go below BMR for long.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions, I drink green tea and crystal light and I have been avoiding processed foods. I struggle on the weekends when I am around my friends and family and I feel like all my hard work from the week is lost over the weekend.

How long have you been stuck at your current weight?
    What is your average intake of calories over this period of "being stuck"?
    Do you weigh food with a food scale?
    Do you track EVERYTHING?
    What is your exercise program like?

These are important. Diet soda and rice and pasta are irrelevant to your issue.

My thought was, "How long have you been doing the same exercise routine?" I know if I do the same routine for too long, my body adjusts to it and I'll stop seeing results. You might need to change up your routine a bit.

This sounds scientifically sound

:huh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Try some ridiculously intense training - the kind where you are red from head to toe and dripping in sweat and collapsed at the end. This works.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bobbie!!! - lots of information, I am going to have to see how i can change things for me! I truly appreciate your time.

lol
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    I would up your calories for a week and keep the same workout, see what happens then!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would up your calories for a week and keep the same workout, see what happens then!

Your body needs more than a week to adjust. A month is a better time frame. But it's a good recommendation.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    cut your mustache
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i'd say your next move would be to eat Pirmal/Paleo.

Only plants and animals, no processed foods.

And my favorite part is you can still eat carbs...potatoes(red).

You really don't have to do it 100% but even 85%-90% will show great results. I've done it for 2 weeks and lost 9 pounds and i have a ton of energy plus im 12 weeks preg, have a 5 month old baby boy and a 2 year old boy.....energy was a faint memory 2 weeks ago.

Good luck!

Why in the world would you want to lose weight when you are pregnant??????????????
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

LOVE
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    cut your mustache

Lol WHAT?!