Any fussy eaters out there?

Options
Tell me what you don't eat (healthy food wise) or if you were a fussy eater and didn't eat healthy food and you now do, how you changed what you ate?

I rarely eat fruit and veg..

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Oh...that was an eff.

Nevermind.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was never a big veggie fan growing up, but have found that I like heaps of them now, just depends on how they're cooked. I like many vegetables grilled or roasted - and a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar makes many of them super tasty.

Fruit has never been a problem - love the stuff, and I live in California where we grow SO many kinds of fruit, so it's easy to get it super fresh or grow it myself. My orange, lemon and mandarin trees are currently LOADED with gorgeous fruit, and it will all be ready for picking in the next few weeks.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I will not touch any vegetables besides corn and olives
    By olives I mean on my pizza.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There's only a handful of veggies that I actually like, but I don't mind eating the same ones all the time. It's easier to say which ones I like than which ones I don't!

Fav veggies: Tomato, cucumber, lettuce, potatoes, bell peppers, caramelized onions, corn (yeah I know 0 nutritional value), and green beans. I can tolerate sweet potatoes and cabbage in the form of sauerkraut, but I can't say I actually like them.

I also won't eat any seafood.

Fruit isn't a problem. I love most fruit.

Not negotiable. I do hate that I'm this way. I've tried to change it, but I am how I am. Things have gotten a little better with age.
  • Beth24793
    Beth24793 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanx guys, it's nice to know i'm not alone, i only eat vegies when i have a sunday dinner which is about once a month..

As you said tikafly 'I am who i am' so i think i need to realise i am who i am too :) maybe i will change in time :D
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am definitely fussy - I like what I like, and I don't mind eating the same things over and over.

I am generally willing to try new foods or new preparations of foods I haven't liked in the past, though.

For veggies, I've found that I like them so crunchy they're almost raw. I eat carrots, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, squash, eggplant, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes. I also actually like spinach, but my GI tract doesn't.

For fruit, I'm not really a fan of any of it. The smells and the textures bother me, so I'd rather double up on veggies.

I like seafood, but I can't cook it myself. I will eat chicken, steak, eggs, pasta, rice, cheese, and yogurt in almost any form.

I don't drink milk, but I love dry cereal. I use almond milk in my oatmeal.