Random Acts of Kindness

Options
Post here if you've exercised your body and your right to good karma in the process, either on the giving or recieving end of a random act of kindness. Today, I went for a run, and when I was done I got in the elevator (11 stories after a run? Not happening.) and held it for someone coming in behind me. She went "Oh, thanks." And then, even though I've never even met her before, "Hey, did you just get back from a run? I've seen you around and I noticed you've lost a lot of weight since last semester. Good job!"

What's your happy story?

Replies

• tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! i love those kinds of comments.
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Post here if you've exercised your body and your right to good karma in the process, either on the giving or recieving end of a random act of kindness. Today, I went for a run, and when I was done I got in the elevator (11 stories after a run? Not happening.) and held it for someone coming in behind me. She went "Oh, thanks." And then, even though I've never even met her before, "Hey, did you just get back from a run? I've seen you around and I noticed you've lost a lot of weight since last semester. Good job!"

What's your happy story?

The EXACT same thing happened to me! Except I was coming home from work, not a run. :blushing: But, my neighbor who has lived down the hall from me was in the elevator going to the same floor as me. We NEVER talk, but when he got into the elevator, he said "How's it going? You look great by the way! You've lost a lot of weight in the last year." And I thought, wow, I never even talk to this guy and he noticed. AND, to make it even better, I was wearing a big winter coat. Just imagine if it had been summer and I wasn't wearing a coat, he would have been even more shocked!! Nice!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    On my way into church today, a person I hardly know stopped me to tell me how proud she was of me! Made my day, now I don;t want to snack all day for the Big game!