Just increased water.. how long does this last??

So... I'm going to admit it... I'm late to the game. I just started drinking the "8 cups of water" (minimum) each day and I am constantly going to the bathroom.

I'm urinating every 35-60 minutes. Should I have started slower?

I'm sure my body will eventually get used to the increase, but when?

Replies

• I drink a lot of unnecessary water, too. I have to use the restroom pretty frequently when I do.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Took me about 2-3 weeks or so before the tinkle dance slowed down.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Forever.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Where else do you think the water will go?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    I'm 232lbs and I drink anywhere between 12-15 16oz glasses a day.

The more you drink over a period of time, your body starts to say "Hey, I'm starting to like this"
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Forever.

I agree. I've been drinking over a gallon of water per day for a long time and my potty breaks haven't decreased in the slightest :ohwell:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    When I first started my journey last year and upped my water I was peeing constantly day and lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks. If you are here for weight loss then this is a good thing. I recently upped my water trying to get the whoosh after a small plateau and jump start weight loss again and it has worked. When I start to pout about having to pee all the time I focus on the positive and for me when the peeing slows the weight loss slows. I am a water water water believer.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    That's the whole purpose behind drinking water for weight loss...the more you drink, the more you pee, the more you pee, the more you move, the more you move the more calorie deficit you have, the more calorie deficit you have, the more weight you lose.

It's the circle of life.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    SORRY GIRL, THIS IS IT. I worry when I DON'T pee frequently!
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    It never ends. It lasts forever!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    um.... depends on how many pregnancies you put your body through...

I have 2 kids. The 'going to the bathroom all the time' has never gotten better for me. :sad:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm 232lbs and I drink anywhere between 12-15 16oz glasses a day.

The more you drink over a period of time, your body starts to say "Hey, I'm starting to like this"

That, or your bladder starts holding more at a time...because no matter how much your body "likes" water, I can't imagine it stores it away...(but if I'm wrong and it does, could someone please explain *where* it keeps it?)
  • Robot1976
    Robot1976 Posts: 15 Member
    That's the whole purpose behind drinking water for weight loss...the more you drink, the more you pee, the more you pee, the more you move, the more you move the more calorie deficit you have, the more calorie deficit you have, the more weight you lose.

It's the circle of life.

Wait. Does this mean I can count peeing as exercise? (please say "yes". please say "yes")
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member

It's the circle of life.

It's all hakuna matata
  • That's the whole purpose behind drinking water for weight loss...the more you drink, the more you pee, the more you pee, the more you move, the more you move the more calorie deficit you have, the more calorie deficit you have, the more weight you lose.

It's the circle of life.

One little addition to that cycle....the more you drink, the more you flush your cells, the more you pee, the more you pee, the more you move, the more you move the more calorie deficit you have, the more calorie deficit you have, the more weight you lose.

I don't recall where I read it, it must have been true it was on the internet, but the line I remember is "...you should have at least 2 clear urine actions before you stop drinking water for the day, and as soon as your urine regains color you should start drinking water again."
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    The only time that I have to go that often these days is when I have had too much sodium the day before. I guess that it is different for everybody though.
  • semousse
    semousse Posts: 17 Member
    I'm in the same boat every 10 to 15mins i'm going to the restroom it is completely driving me nuts. I have to wake up and use it in the middle of my sleep, but after reading all these posts i'm happy i'm going regularly......
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 313 Member
    I feel so sick if I drink more than 10 glasses of water a day. I don't really get the point.. You cannot "flush the fat" as I keep reading on these forums.

To the OP.. I still only go like once every 3 hours after three kids. Everyone's different! Way to go for hitting your 8 glasses.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    um.... depends on how many pregnancies you put your body through...

I have 2 kids. The 'going to the bathroom all the time' has never gotten better for me. :sad:

I had five and have had kidney problems from not drinking enough water so I must even though peeing a lot can be a problem when shopping or at work the bathroom is upstairs.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I drink 48 ounces at work every morning before lunch and am in the bathroom at least 5 times.

I have the bladder of an 80 year old.

It never ends. HOWEVER, on the upside, you're flushing out your system :)