Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    wow! that is AWESOME!~!!!!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Post full body shots (including your face) of your transformation & you'll get all the congrats in the world. Until then, not buying it, sorry!

I've lost 50lbs & my stomach hasn't transformed THAT much.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Here is my before picture from the beginning of this month, dated. I am so freaking happy to have my waist back!

aUtG8.jpg
    NnG3e.jpg

:noway: :love: :noway: How on earth did you do that!? MUST KNOW!!!! :smile: Awesome results btw :drinker:
  • FireInHerVeins
    FireInHerVeins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job!! Very much a great role model for weight loss success. Keep up the good work!!
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Post full body shots (including your face) of your transformation & you'll get all the congrats in the world. Until then, not buying it, sorry!

I've lost 50lbs & my stomach hasn't transformed THAT much.
    Hi Zany! Your approval means nothing to me. My weight loss journey is my own, and I'm sorry you're not able to share in my happiness. Have a great day!

Thanks again for all the encouragement, everyone!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    You are so amazing. I have no words. I actually feel proud for you, that's how great it is. Fantastic job . . . Definitely going to show my family members to inspire them. What was your caloric intake & macros like? Great job again :heart:
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    how the hell did you do that so quickly! you look great!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't see why some people wouldn't believe it. I'm also 5'8" and I'm proportioned with a much longer torso than most people (short legs, ah well). My stomache is the first to go when I lose weight and it goes fast.
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't see why some people wouldn't believe it. I'm also 5'8" and I'm proportioned with a much longer torso than most people (short legs, ah well). My stomache is the first to go when I lose weight and it goes fast.

Same here!
  • celshade
    Options
    I have a freakishly long torso as well! There are a lot of factors that came into play, but I'm really glad to know that there are other (long torso'd tall) people to make me feel like less of a freak.

:flowerforyou: The amount of skepticism here has inspired me to share my story. Maybe that will explain some stuff. :flowerforyou:

I mentioned before that I stopped eating crap food cold turkey, and thought that it might help if I post here out in the open what my daily meals were like so that people can see what a drastic difference it is.

On the last day of crap eating, I had three giant pieces of cake for breakfast and washed it down with the 32oz full fat milk sugary coffee drink from Starbucks. Lunch was an entire pound of steak covered in cheese with 8 tortillas and a 2 liter of soda. Dinner was a large Big Mac combo from McDonalds with a side of 10 nuggets. Throughout the day, I ate an entire box of chocolate snack cakes and had several more sodas peppered in.

I got a "promotion" and was allowed to work from home which started this mess. After months of eating like the above (my worst day was three large pizzas, one for each meal), I had become 100% sedentary. Going up the stairs became a challenge; I started to sleep on the couch and only go upstairs to bring stuff down to my new dwelling.

My visit to the doctor on November 1st was shocking to me (and to no one else), at risk for diabetes, dehydrated (hardly ever drank water), and at risk of a whole other slew of stuff thanks to my insane sodium levels. (Three large pizzas would have put me at over 12,000 mg of sodium according to the doctor).

It was the wake up call I needed to turn things around, so I just started eating clean. I love to cook and really reconnected with the experience of going out, picking fresh ingredients, and making good food. No sodas, less carbs, more veggies, TONS of water, and a stern eye on my sodium.

I have also went from the kind of sedentary you only hear about on those reality TV shows to working out as hard as my doctor will let me. I walk everywhere, park at the end of the grocery store, go swimming (have never used my pool before!), tried Zumba, Tae Bo, and most importantly, yoga.

I have nothing but time during my days and spend a lot of it streching, going for light walks, and doing quick yoga to keep my body moving.

:flowerforyou: In closing, :flowerforyou:

Why do I look so different? Who cares? I feel different. I can jog up my stairs, smile at people in public, and finally start to like myself.

What's wrong with your life that you want to bring others down? If you're here and you've lost weight, your hard work was an inspiration to me.

Be happy for me, because I admire you!
  • SKJ98
    SKJ98 Posts: 25
    Options
    thats Amazing! you look great!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great and are doing fantastic!
  • tcleavinger
    tcleavinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great!!!! I see how she did it. My husband had weight loss surgery two years ago. He has a freakishly long torso:) as well. Is 6' tall. He was put on a liquid diet for two weeks before his surgery. 1st week he was allowed to eat one healthy meal a day. He lost 22 lbs in those two weeks(16 days). It was amazing. When you consume that many carbs an calories and suddenly drop off, your body has nothing else to do but turn to the fat for energy. People do it all the time .....under a Doctors care. So why could she not do it as well? His stomach didn't shrink like that, but then again....he weight 350lbs.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm not a fitness expert or an authority on nutrition. I was eating over 6000 calories a day when I stopped cold turkey on the first of this month. I've dropped soda, fats, MOST artificial foods, added water each day, and added in yoga and walking.

Previously, I did no exercise whatsoever. Going up the stairs was a challenge. I have never been in shape before in my life (smallest size was a size 16 in early teens).

My cardio went from around 15 minutes a day tops (work from home), to walking EVERYWHERE, being active, and forcing myself to move.

I'm as surprised as everyone else. My family told me that it's always been very easy to lose weight in our genes? That could be some sort of spooky old back country myth.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Well done! Good for you for making those wonderful changes in your life! :)
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. Now if I could get my waist back... It's being stubborn.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fantastic job! Inspires me to get my waist (or at least part of it) back by Christmas!!!
  • celshade
    Options
    My arms are still buried like sunken treasure, time to start lifting and excavate em!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    WTG!!!!! That is a great result :smile:
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!