College student friendly recipes.

Options
I like to be easy on my budget and I have have little to no time to cook!
Any ideas for yummy and healthy recipes or snacks?
Thanks. :)

Replies

• busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? If not, it's a great investment. You can throw in chicken, veggies and a can of tomatoe sauce, set it on low for 8 hours, and mmmMmm! Yummy. Fried up eggs are always a quick, easy option. Oatmeal... Again, cheap and super easy. Slice up an apple and throw it in with your oatmeal, and you have a pretty good meal. You might also want to think about setting aside a day a week (ex: Sunday) and cook up a bunch of meals for the week, throw them in the freezer and just pull them out when you're hungry!
  • maremare93
    Options
    Thanks! Those were all really great suggestions. I'll try to talk my mom into letting me steal a crock pot hehe
  • keelz2010
    Options
    Beef stew, Tuna pasta and sweetcorn mixed up with a side salad
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    ramen-noodles2.jpg

Easy on budget, virtually no cooking time. Enjoy!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    ramen-noodles2.jpg

Veggies and protein, right there. It shows it right on the package.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Yes, and also google Ramen noodle recipes. You will find a ton that you could easily tweek.
  • round_and_brown
    Options
    I live in a dorm room with no kitchen, which is an absolute travesty. Thus, most of the meals I eat at home are based on plain Greek yogurt or oatmeal, because you can do ANYTHING with them, especially if you invest in some cinnamon. For example, for breakfast, I usually have plain oatmeal cooked with unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I'm sure regular 1% would work too, I'm just picky), cinnamon, an apple from the dining hall, and some nut butter (peanut butter is cheap and DELICIOUS). Same with plain Greek yogurt - if you just mix it with a little cinnamon and some cut-up dining hall fruit, it's a great pre-gym snack. Just throw in whatever you have lying around.

Also, canned pumpkin is a great thing - 50 calories per serving, chock full of vitamin A, a wonderful addition to the foods mentioned above, and approximately $1 a can.