What to snack on during superbowl?

Options
Just curious as to what others are going to be munching on during the superbowl? I would love some input for healthy suggestions. Also how does one stay strong to eating carrot sticks and hummus when everyone else is eating chicken wings and fries from Taco Mac :sad:

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is a once-a-year occasion - let yourself enjoy it! No big deal once in a while!
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering the same thing. And came up with the same conclusion as the other person. I also tried to save some calories so hopefully I won't go over to bad :)
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Luckily we are going to party at my workout buddy's house so we are going to keep each other in check as to what we eat. She got a veggie tray from Costco and I'm making baked egg rolls and crab rangoon (I found the recipe on the message board) for us. I'm also taking pitas and cutting them into triangles and baking them till they are crisp to have with salsa. So hopefully those will keep us satisfied. Plus I'm only drinking water and staying away from the alcohol - luckily I don't like beer. Good Luck to you. Stay Strong!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Well I started my superbowl party first thing this morning. So I'm in the boat with the member that says that once in a while, it ain't gonna kill me. Thank you member!!!
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Air-Popped popcorn
    Fresh fruit, cut up in a bowl or mixed with yogurt
    Homemade rice krispy treats
  • rufatbob
    Options
    I more than doubled my exercise for the day so that I wouldnt feel guilty that and had a light lunch
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Let me say something about addiction....that is exactly what I have...an addiction to food...how are some of us different from the people who smoke crack...bad....carck can kill you...shazam! food can kill you..

send an alcoholic into a bar and tell him on Superbowl sunday he can drink whatever he wants...what do you think he will do???

I think I have to have that attitude....dang if I break down and eat trash, how am I different from the other addicted people....

this is a dang serious matter and we stand to die if we dont get control of ourselves..

sorry if this offends anyone...be strong...walk...drink water...hug your dog......think about the hard work you have done to get to the point you are at now

GO Saints
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    and for everyone that suggested good snacks...i didnt mean to say that was all bad..its just the people who try to be good on just a few wings and end up eating 50 and telling themselves that they can get it off next week..
    enjoy the game..

courtesy of CBS Sports
    all rights reserved
    this message can be reprinted with or without the expressed consent of the National Football League and CBS Sports

that was some cool sports talk...huh????
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ...if I am going to eat something I normally would not I will enjoy it thoughly and keep portion control in check. I don't believe in total denial of food because that could lead to binging. Fill up on good foods but also enjoy a 1/2 cup of chili or ONE slice of pizza. I too did a longer harder workout and had light lunch because I wanted to enjoy. The forbidden fruit theory doesn't work for me. I like food to much and am learning to enjoy it while also making healthy life style choices MOST of the time.

Good luck and enjoy!!!
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm treating myself to pretzel crisps and humus and maybe a banana w/ Nutella! Yum! :smile:
  • Dot2Dott
    Options
    I am snacking on a Mini-Bag of popcorn ! Yummy !
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Others have already offered good snack options, so I won't duplicate, but I find that chewing gum helps, as well as the fact that I like to knit - it keeps my hands busy. I would encourage you to stay focused on what you want to accomplish in the long run, but if you do indeed enjoy the snacks, don't beat yourself up tomorrow. Just start fresh!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't have any plans so I'm just going to have a couple Coors Lights and some popcorn.