Bread question

Options
I did a search but I didn't find what I was looking for. So if there is a post out there that covers this, please point me to it and accept my apologies!

I make most of our bread. The one generally made/consumed is on the side of the package (sub butter for canola oil and use nonfat dry milk). It's also a 1.5lb loaf. When it's done baking, I slice it in half the long way then slice it up. I do it this way or the hubby eats half the darned thing in one sitting.

I'm also at a loss to the calories and what not. Are there any entries in the data base that count it this way? Are their slices the full big ones? LOL help? Thanks all!!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    with home made items, you need to find all the calories for each ingredient, then divide by the number of pieces. There's no shortcut unfortunately.

If you're looking for a calorie content website, there are lots out there, I use this one :

www.calorieking.com
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You can also plug the ingredients in at the recipe finder on sparkpeople.com, it will tabulate for you :)

You can also do all of the ingredients on here at MFP, click save meal, and then choose a certain percentage of it for consumption. Like if it makes 8 slices, and you have 2 of them, put in that you ate .25 of the whole meal. It will give you cals for it.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ah very good and thanks! Looks like I know what I'm doing for the games! :D