Anyone lose a large amount eating higher calories?

Options
Or rather, more calories than the number of calories recommended by MFP?

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    There is a thread floating around dedicated to women who eat 1800+ calories a day, and it was LOADED with feedback. TONS of women on here are eating 1800 and up daily, and they've been very successful doing it. The key is to eat between your BMR and TDEE, so once you know those numbers it will help a lot. They say eating 20% below your TDEE is a good number. You should look for that thread. Very helpful and inspiring info in it.
  • faireplay
    Options
    I will go look for it...thank you for the heads up...I should have used the search feature.
  • faireplay
    Options
    Thank you!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started here on 1,200 cals. Because I chose "lose 2 pounds a week". Doesn't everyone want to lose 2 pounds a week? But the fact is, that is not practical or healthy for everyone. If you don't have 50 or 100 or more pounds to lose, then 2 pounds isn't practical. I lost 4 pounds quickly and then nothing at all. And I was starving and miserable.

Now I am eating 1,700 calories and losing steadily.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Yeah, MFP would have me on 1,750...I lose weight just fine on 2600
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I lose at 1800. But I'm in a healthy weight range.....I lost at 1400 when I first started - 50 pounds overweight. It all depends on your TDEE, like someone else said.

Go to this group and read their sticky posts, or join and ask.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!