Dont know how to stop this...

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I do great all day then mid night from sleep eat junk....anywhere from 100 to 300 calories that put me over. I was really good the first month these last 2 weeks have been bad. the worst thing is i know i do it because i remember everything the next day and record it...How do i get back on track with that?

Replies

• I wake up frequently in the middle of the night with the hungries. It's tough. I cannot get back to sleep with my tummy growling so I have to have something. I have been trying to make it protein that will just keep my stomach occupied like a slice of cheese or some nuts. A glass of milk might be good too. Used to be a bowl of cereal, really hits the spot for me. now I just try not to have carbs that late.
  • Water, water and then more water!!! I find that sweet tea helps me too, at least it keeps my hands busy and is somewhat filling.....
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I grab a bottle of flavored water - at first it was hard but after I made myself drink it the hungries went away... now I don't think about getting anything to snack on - just grabbing that water.
  • drink a casein protein shake before you go to sleep. it helps keep you anabolic as well as satisfying your hunger. all while adding crucial protein that you need when your body rebuilds itself in your sleep. nothin like a nice chocolate shake before bed :)
  • NewBeginning2010
    :embarassed: :embarassed: THE BAD THING IS IM NOT HUNGRY I JUST WANT SWEETS IN THE MID NIGHT...
  • :embarassed: :embarassed: THE BAD THING IS IM NOT HUNGRY I JUST WANT SWEETS IN THE MID NIGHT...

the best remedy for those cravings (wich I found in this site^^) is brush your teeth!
  • NewBeginning2010
    YEA THAT WORKS 1T MIDNIGHT WHEN I GO TO BE BUT NOT WHEN I HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR 4 HOURS THEN GET UP...I WANT TO EAT THEN
  • You could try making yourself a snack before going to bed. Something that's safe and you know isn't going to blow your numbers. The tricky thing is sticking to eating just that..but maybe having that snack ready will make it easier.

I used to be a donut for breakfast kind of girl, when I decided not to be fat anymore I had to give them up. I still crave the sugar first thing in the morning--I've learned to like the carnation instant breakfast--its sweet (kind of). Sometimes a juice box gives me the sugar I'm craving too (I used to be really out of control with the sugar).
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Try a table spoon of metamucil and a glass of water. It tends to fill up your stomach and it puts me to sleep when I'm hungry.

On a constructive side note, if you use ALL CAPS its really hard to read, and quite annoying. Even for single words.
This discussion has been closed.