Not going to make target

Options
So I slept in today-waaaay in. Which never happens and clearly was much needed. So I didn't eat until I was hungry, which was around lunch time. I had an egg salad sandwich (3 finger rolls) and a class of skim milk. Then a sugar free chocolate raspberry ice cream bar.
I did groceries, I cleaned house, I did a little relaxing....and found myself NOT hungry.
You would think I would be really hungry given all I had to eat today, but it is now entering the evening and I am still not really hungry..in fact I am just starting to get a bit hungry-and I am at work-so I packed some veggies & dip and then a granola bar...then something for dinner. Which, even if I eat ALL that...I dont forsee myself hitting 1200 calories today...however I am not going to eat if I am not hungry.
Anyone else run into these types of days. I dont normally. Its suprising to me that I am not going to reach my target calories. Its a good thing I didn't workout today--then I would REALLY be low.

Just odd.

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You need to eat. What did you eat before you started losing weight? Eat this. Your body is shutting down you need to eat today to move tomorrow. I recently discovered that I had became afraid of food and begun to destroy my metabolism too. I am working on eating more. I had honey roasted peanuts with dried cranberries and ice cream as snacks yesterday and did not go over net calories.
  • the_barelas
    the_barelas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you eat something so that you don't wake up starving tomorrow, however be selective. Either something small that you love as a treat or something healthy.

If you eat well and are eating what is nutritutious its easy to feel full on 1200 calories, I am having a full day myself but I am going to make sure I eat a banana later.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wasn't one of your recent posts the same thing?

You need to eat, your body won't thank you for starving it.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If this truly is a "one off" thing, will it really make that big a difference? I find that some days I'm under goal and some days over. I just try to balance out on a WEEKLY basis.
  • busybee507
    Options
    As I understand it, if you don't feed your body it will go into storage mode. Your body needs calorie intake to have the energy it takes just to run all your subconscious functions. If you don't eat, your body reacts by holding and storing anything it can get its "hands" on. - Ever see those super skinny girls, the one's whose ribs you can count, with the little pot belly? That's what not fueling your body properly will do.

Eat up!
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you think you're feeling sick? Sometimes I can't make my calories just because I'm not feeling well. But in a day or two, I'll have a high day. If it's not a common thing, I wouldn't worry too much. If it is, maybe try making some smoothies? or slimfast? It's a lot easier to drink calories than to eat them, especially if you sip on juice or something during the day.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Before this turns into a something it is not.

I usually always meet a min of 1200 calories a day, and on the days I workout, I do eat more.

It just so happens today, I slept in longer than I usually do and was just off my schedule all day...its not something that happens all the time.

I had today off...Im not concerned with my body going into storage mode over one day. Tomorrow I will be back at work and back to my normal eating schedule.

I was just a little surprised to find myself NOT hungrier than I was/am....since I didnt eat much all day. No worries..
    Thanks for all the input though :smile: