A POLL.....

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ID LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU CHANGE YOUR CALORIE COUNT ON A DAILY BASIS OR AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A WEEK. IN OTHER WORDS IM SUPPOSE TO EAT 1200 A FEW TIMES A WEEK I EAT AN EXTRA 2 OR 3 HUNDRED...IM WONDERING IF THIS IS HELPING ME OR JUST KEEPING MY WEIGHT LOSS SLOW.....ANY OPINIONS

Replies

• 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Whatever is working for you keep it up! Your odviously loosing weight. My daily totals are the 1200 + whatever calories I get for exercising. I usually log off with a few calories left. I am usually under on my carbs, over on my protein, fiber and on my sugar (because I eat fruit and some dark chocolate). I averaged an 8# loss my first month (I'm only showing 6 on my ticker). It just so happens that once a week I treat myself and don't get crazy if I go over on all. I just drink water and work out harder the next day.
    Good Luck!
  • My calorie count changes everyday based on my exercise calories...so I do eat differently everyday. On the days I dont exercise I do keep it at my minimum (or within 100 calories)
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    I also try to stay as close as to my 1200 per day intake. I seldom go over....I feel at my age (58), it'll be harder to keep losing so I take every caution I can. Even with exercise, I generally don't add those cal. as an allowance to eat more. Does that make sense?
    If what you are doing works, keep it up.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    I stick to the 1200 a day. I use my exercise as an incentive. I don't enter my exercise until the evening because if I don't exercise then I don't get my treat (chocolate, ice cream, etc.) at the end of the day. If I go over one day or I'm under, then I try and use those calories the next day to eat something I usually wouldn't.
  • I exercise almost daily... so my calorie count does change based on that. :]
  • i try to stay close to what they recommend, but now that i'm training for a 10k i'm actually having a really hard time because they are telling me to eat 2200cal/day (ballpark, based on how much time is spent in the gym) and i am just not THAT hungry.....i'd say listen to your body, that's generally a good bet ;)
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    WELL I HAVENT HAD A CHANCE TO EXERCISE YET IN THE LAST 5 WEEKS....IM JUST WONDERING IF ME GOING OVER A LITTLE EVERYDAY FOR THE LAST WEEK IS GOING TO HURT ME...AND LIKE I SAID ITS BETWEEN 100 - 300
This discussion has been closed.