Insanity or Turbo Fire

Options
I want some opinions. I am a 29 female and weigh 235 lbs. hmm bout choked on that one. Anyway, I work at a desk job. I am wanting everyones opinion on which is a better program. I know you work your butt off either way. I have P90X and Tapout, but I feel i need more cardio right now, plus getting up and down off the floor isnt the best for me right now either. I am grateful for any insight.

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've never done Turbo Fire so I can't speak for that but insanity is a great cardio workout. If you decide to do it, go at your pace. Insanity is not for beginners.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree, insanity is hard, the 2nd ,month I just started and the first day was killer. But definitely lots of cardio!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've heard insanity is really tough on the knees and joints. Lot of jumping and such. I've done Turbo Fire. It also includes jumping but you can modify that out. I'd suggest Turbo Fire.

Or just do your P90X and save money. You don't "need" cardio. A calorie deficit can be accomplished through eating alone.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    ah, I LOVE Turbo Fire! It's so much fun and a great workout!
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam...love it and it's not too hard. I've been doing it for the past month or so and enjoy Turbo Jam out of all the exercise DVDs I have (incl. Insanity, P90X, Power 90, 30 Day Shred)
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You sound like me, I have P90x, Tapout, Slim in 6, 3 Jillian Michaels cds, plus a belly dancing (for core) and another hawaiian cd. I had Zumba, but shocker, I didnt like it.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I want some opinions. I am a 29 female and weigh 235 lbs. hmm bout choked on that one. Anyway, I work at a desk job. I am wanting everyones opinion on which is a better program. I know you work your butt off either way. I have P90X and Tapout, but I feel i need more cardio right now, plus getting up and down off the floor isnt the best for me right now either. I am grateful for any insight.

If getting up and down off the floor isn't good for you than don't do insanity. I'm currently doing it and you are up and down and INTENSE cardio. If I didn't already drop 15lbs and get in better shape there would be no way in hell I could do this program, and even parts of it I'm not sure I can do lol. Good luck on your weight loss
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, if you are starting out, I would definitely suggest Turbo first. I tried to just do the fit test on Insanity, and it's insane! LOL Just my FYI. When I did Turbo videos I found I could build up my strength to get through - Insanity feels like you are just tossed in, and a lot of it is you can either do the move, or you can't. Turbo has modifications for everything, and the more you learn the routine, the harder you can push yourself. Best of luck! :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Insanity has alot of floor moves and push-ups, where as Turbo Fire is more standing work. Turbo Fire will get your heart rate up and get you huffing and puffing but not as much as insanity.
  • only1blkqueen
    only1blkqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This post has really helped me. I have debating on whether or not to purchase Insanity. I really want to do it, but do not believe I am at a level yet to complete it. I don't feel challenged anymore. So, I think I may start with Turbo Fire.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is a blast. It really holds your attention. There are also ways to modify if you're a beginner. I wouldn't say that INSANITY is a beginner program at all.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are awesome! Thanks so much! I am ordering Turbo Fire on Friday.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Get turbo fire. I have both and LOVE turbo fire more. Insanity is going to be a lot of getting up and down and it is harder on your knees and ankles. I actually do a lot of the modified (less jumping) in turbo fire and still get an awesome workout! I burn more doing that than I have with any other workout. Plus, I want to do it every day. If I don't do it, i miss it and think about it all day lol
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    also, I know it was on sale yesterday for $53 which is an awesome price. I don't know how long the sale is going on for though...
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the chance to try Turbo Fire, but i've done Insanity. it's a lot of squats and down to the ground action. if you have knee problems, the Turbo Fire may be the better choice.

i will admit Insanity is a great workout in a short amount of time and it will lift that booty :laugh:
  • cplymale
    cplymale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity and OMGosh!!! I'll have to build up to that. I've learned to check out You Tube, there are a lot of these named videos on there. You will no doubt have good results with portion control and simple walking for 20 or 30 minutes a day-- work up to it and then add on more! :smile: