Needing help finding the right foods to hit

Options
.. my percentages for my diet. As of today, I will be starting a fat shredder diet. At 1600 calories with that being 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. I've plugged in my foods for the day, but I can't get the numbers to even out or come close to evening out the percentages.

What is the trick here? I can't find the right foods to fit in the right places in order to match up close to my %.

The main food I use everyday are turkey sandwich meat, whole wheat bread, brown rice, boneless,skinless, chicken beast, veggies, fruits, whey protein, nuts/pistachios, and whole wheat bagels.

Is there a quick way to figure this out, or do I have to keep messing around and plug in foods? New to this site, still researching and looking over the sight to see I can learn anything new.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Corey

Replies

• CoreyAS
    CoreyAS Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anyone, please? :brokenheart: :flowerforyou:
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would try to do a search in the message boards as I am sure you aren't the only one asking this question. Also, check out peoples' food diaries to get an idea of what they are eating. Unfortunately I think it may be trial an error. You could try to Google it. Also, what about nutrition books at the library. Just trying to help...

Jackie
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Had to do a quick search to see what a fat shredder diet was and the "trick" is that it is heavily reliant on protein shakes and protein bars to get the high protein without fat. Real food sources with high protein are typically going to have more fat in them.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You might want to rethink your ratios.

My trainer has me on 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs, and I don't have any problems hitting my macros.

I use a very good whey protein (Kaizen), lots of fish, chicken, with some beef and pork. Plain Greek yogurt is a staple - actually, adding vanilla protein powder to plain Greek yogurt jazzes it up, and between 1 scoop of powder and 175 mls of yogurt you've got almost 50 grams of protein in one easy shot.
  • almasaldivar
    Options
    I agree with alaskaang,that's how I do it ,and it took me a long time to figure it out and this is what works for me,I eat lean meat twice a day for lunch and dinner,chicken breast,and fish tuna salmon or turkey burger,i drink 2 protein shakes between meals,whey protein ,also eat a handful of almonds with my shakes ,and make sure you drink a lot of water,other high protein foods you can include are Greek yogurt,cottage cheese,almond butter,etc hope this helped
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    * Any lean meat (chicken tenderloins are my staple because they're cheap and they go with anything - 'ground chicken muffins', grilled with a little sauce)
    * egg whites
    * low carb veggies (greens, onion, capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes and celery to name a few)
    * try switching the brown rice to quinoa, but you still can't have much
    * greek yoghurt (or on a budget I use plain - lower protein, but also low carb and fat)

And then after you plan/eat your meals and you still haven't hit your macros - add in however many serves of a good low carb/low fat whey protein (like ON).