Cutting Calories To Lose Weight

Options
I know its not a good idea, but I still have 60lbs left to lose. What is a "safe" amount to cut? Or at least a "safer" amount to cut. Does anyone have any idea?

Replies

• cnote91
    Options
    I cut mine from 1420 to 1200 so I can actually lose weight.
  • Earth6Child
    Options
    For me, I try not to go over 1,200 at most. Most days I try to stay below 1,000. As a recovering anorexic/bulimic, calorie amount still tends to scare me. lol But I'm working on getting better about that. :-P
    Some days are harder than others (like when the scale reads a 2lb gain) to eat the way I should. Other days its pretty easy to remind myself how food is not my enemy, I am. lol
    I used to over workout & now I have a hard time getting in a workout (other than my yoga). I guess I need to find a good medium for myself & just do it.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I know I have told you this multiple times but you NEED TO EAT MORE. You need to be eating a net of 1200 calories AT LEAST. If you starve yourself like you have been lately, whenver you do eat more you WILL see the scale go up.. but if you were to consistantly eat a net calories of 1200 or even 1000 (1200 would be better) you WILL see weight loss happen! And you will be able to keep it off and you will be healthy and not hurting your body!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I know I have told you this multiple times but you NEED TO EAT MORE. You need to be eating a net of 1200 calories AT LEAST. If you starve yourself like you have been lately, whenver you do eat more you WILL see the scale go up.. but if you were to consistantly eat a net calories of 1200 or even 1000 (1200 would be better) you WILL see weight loss happen! And you will be able to keep it off and you will be healthy and not hurting your body!

Why would you suddenly make a response to a thread over a year old? The OP doesn't even appear to be active on here anymore.