Newbie alert!

Options
I'm Michelle and started using the food diary and recipe area about a week or so ago. Trying to go back to the good way I use to eat and wanted something to show me how much cals, fat, carbs, etc were in my recipes and wanted to force myself to view what I was eating. My weight has always yo yo'd and now it's time to get off the yo yo! I usually eat good...not big on junk food but bad on exercising. But after my last fast (I'm a Christian and sometimes fast) I was lax in my eating and my blood levels showed it (chol, sugar) yet I lost a few pounds...lol. The PA warned me about going on meds as my sugar went up once (morning fast test) in 3 years (just morning is a little high...sugar is good all day long)...I'm like what? I don't think so :huh: . Told her I would take are of it. Yep...will go to God with it first and then make better choices in eating (and yes, exercising bleah).

So just saying hi and glad to have found this place :)

Michelle

Replies

• Grinb
    Grinb Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, tis a good place to be! :) just make a bunch of good supportive friends and enjoy!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is the best decision (health related) I've ever made.

I will forewarn you. I referenced my faith in a message board once and got my rear end handed to me on a silver plate. That's apparently a touchy subject with some.

However, I encourage you to add friends who share your views and then it's safe to post your own comments for just your friends to see.

And feel free to add me if you wish. You can share your views openly with me any time you wan! :)
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi to ya and welcome to the community! It actually helped me to keep myself in track and i lost about 18 lbs, gained back a few but I'm now going to work hard in achieving the last lap :)
  • cheechamia
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :)

JCKratt...thanks for the warning...I'm not concerned...won't be the first time and definitely won't be the last. Par for the course ;)