Options
pettmybunny
pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
Anybody notice that Roger Daltry was lip-synching? Ha Ha Ha

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Well he's no spring chicken - man, he used to be my favorite hottie! :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    We rewound the tivo, just to make sure! But yup, his lips were off from the music. Once was really bad, the other time we noticed wasn't too too bad, but still noticable.
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    they were also lip-playing the instruments... really badly :(
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    Oh...who cares?!? It was still an AMAZING show!!! Did you see how awesome the light show was???? WOW!!! They still have it!!! It was great!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    they were baaaadddd.
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    It was sooooo boring.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I noticed that also, but I've long ago quit being surprised by it. Older musicians are not the only ones who do it. It is a common practice at events such as bowl games, parades, etc, to pre-record the music and then play it back at "go" time. That helps prevent the "technical difficulties" that all of us sitting at home would get ticked about having to sit through. Setting up mics and sound systems that coordinate btwn the live system and the TV systems without being out of balance (too much bass or treble, not enough vocals or instruments, etc) is EXCEPTIONALLY difficult. Especially when you are trying to get it set up in the time alotted for the half time. (I'm a HS band and choir director. I don't deal with TV, but I deal with the other, and that's difficult enough:laugh: ) Yes, the syncing could have been better, but it's not uncommon.

Sorry to disillusion you, but it's done to make it a better show. At least they didn't use original recordings!:laugh: THAT always sounds weird! A 60+ yo person sounding like they did 30+ years ago!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I could not wait for it to end! It seems like each year it gets worse!!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Yes, DH was wondering why they didn't have Carrie Underwood do the halftime show instead of the National Anthem...

But then agin, he thinks she's a hottie, so maybe he just wanted to watch her for an extra 10 or 15 minutes... lol (I'm not saying she's not, just that he had an ulterior motive)
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Yes, DH was wondering why they didn't have Carrie Underwood do the halftime show instead of the National Anthem...

But then agin, he thinks she's a hottie, so maybe he just wanted to watch her for an extra 10 or 15 minutes... lol (I'm not saying she's not, just that he had an ulterior motive)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Silly boys. :wink: I'm hoping for a newer act for next year. They've been taking from the way back era since Janet Jackson decided to have a nipslip. :noway: I guess they figured that Prince or Paul McCartney wouldn't have that issue. :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaaa.... Nipslip!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I looked like Roger Daltry was in pain when he was trying to sing and Pete Townsend was awful, the only good thing was the light show and the memories!!!

Memaw
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :noway: Can we please get someone ''now'' to play the superbowl halftime show...seriously, The Who!?! Whoever said they're playing it safe since Janet Jackson is so right, now all we get is B-O-R-I-N-G :yawn:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

I thought I did see Pete Townsend's belly button (and belly) a few times. :ohwell:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I thought I did see Pete Townsend's belly button (and belly) a few times. :ohwell:

I can't tell you how offended I was at that. No one wants to see old man belly button. :noway:

:laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

I can't tell you how offended I was at that. No one wants to see old man belly button. :noway:

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: