Hello from the chilly northeast!

Options
Hi everyone :)
I'm new and I'm here because I need support in my attempt to achieve my weight loss goal.
My children are grown, and I find myself alot less active than I used to be and slightly depressed. I just want to feel better about myself. I'm tired of aching all over and feeling weak.
I've "unoffically" started WW with the help of a friend and I'm doing pretty good. It has given me the motivation to kickstart my challenge.
One year from now, I will be attending a family reunion. I'm using this for my inspiration to stay on track.
Thank you in a advance, for any advice and support. :)
~Sue

Replies

• juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sue. Where are you from in the North East? I am originally from Maine(born and raised there) now live in Az.
    I am retired and am in the same boat,not as active as i was when i was still working.I do go to the gym five days a week though.You came to a good place to get support and encouragement.Join in the blog and keep doing the message board. There are a lot of nice people on here with different ideas. Good luck.:wink:
  • mbucy2
    Options
    I just had my 45th birthday.

I'm in remission from Non-Hodkin's Lymphoma, and I realized I've been given a gift of health. I don't want to waste it. I should theoretically lose about 70 pounds (according to some generic height to weight ratio scale), but I would be so proud of myself if I could lose 40 pounds and maintain myself.

I started an exercise regime and tracking my food in January, and since then, I've lose 9 lbs. Not much. I try to be optimistic. I could have gained 9.

Sue, I'd love to add you as a friend (is that how we do it?) so we can motivate each other to keep trying.

While losing weight is important to me, like you, I just want to be more active. I want to be able to BE more physically active.

~Michelle
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sue! :flowerforyou: MFP is a great tool to keep track of food/calories and exercise, and the people can be great motivators! Add some friends for daily motivation and accountability. It helps a lot! Add me! :bigsmile:
  • KathyRed07
    Options
    Welcome Sue!! You have come to the right place!!!! I used to be on WW - but ended up canceling my membership and now am doing it all here on MFP! The food database on here is amazing!!!

I am also from the Northeast (NY) so feel free to add me if you would like. I am here everyday!! ~Kathy
  • PWrape
    PWrape Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also in Remission from NHL, just finished my last round of treatments about 5 weeks ago (Rituxan).. I am 46 and originally from NJ. I am both thankful and tired of my weight gain. Thankful, because I was completely asymptomatic and if not for sudden weight gain and bloating I don't think I would have pushed things and gotten my NHL diagnosis.. and I was stage 3 with perfect blood work! But now that I am through with treatment and I am ready to lose 30 lbs and get back to my old normal. I also want to get healthy so I can keep my Cancer in remission and don't want to trade cancer for diabetes.. my mother died of diabetes complications the same week I got diagnosed...
  • mic1mam
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Michele from upstate New York. I work a terrible shift which makes it difficult to workout and prepare meals. 5pm til 3:30am I have always had a problem with weight and staying motivated. Food gets boring for me because I don't like many of the healthy food choices.
    Dec. 1st is when I started on MFP. The barcode scanner has made it much easier to track my food and excerise.saving time. I too could use a friend. Although I'm not sure how to add friends.