first time in success stories, with pics(I think)

Options
sds76
sds76 Posts: 215 Member
Okay, so here I am. I don't know why I am so nervous to post on this board. I have worked hard but still have a ways to go.
I am 5'3"
Starting weight: 264.8 on June 19, 2012
current weight: 199.4 as of November 22, 2012
size 24W jeans to a size 16
3x shirt to a XL/1x

I haven't checked measurements since October and didn't start measuring till July, but from July 12-Oct 22 I lost:
a little shy of 10" on my waist
about 10" on my hips
8" on my chest(under bra strap)
3" on my arm
4" on my thigh

I have hypothyroidism, 5 children(still nursing one but she's a toddler and doesn't nurse much) and I just 36 this month.

now that I am in Onederland, my goal is to do it 20lbs at a time. I have no final goal in mind. I just want to be healthy and happy. This board has inspired me though, because now I am interested in weight training and running. Just starting out on both of those.

I am completely happy with the way things are going. I don't deprive myself of anything(except soda because I have no will power with soda) but I have learned moderation. I have learned to cook better, portion control, and that being active really does pay off both physically and mentally.

First time posting pics...so here goes(if it doesn't work please feel free to fix) :)

momandgrandpa-1-1.jpg

momandbecky-1.jpg

momanddad-1.jpg

Replies

• ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job! You look great
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing wonderful!!! Keep up the hard work.
  • kdzi
    kdzi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look younger! Awesome!
  • GetFitNicky
    GetFitNicky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! You did in your before pics, now we can finally see that smile reach the eyes and you just radiate!! Good for you.
  • jennybeyer
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!!! Congratulations to you for having the determination and willpower to stick with this!! I just started today, and already I am feeling motivated because I never realized how important it is to keep track of your calories! who knew a little cashew had 10 calories! I've learned so much already! Again, GREAT JOB!!!!
  • sjhaar
    sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow you look good. Great accomplishment .:drinker:
  • KellyAthleticsLLC
    KellyAthleticsLLC Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How do you post photos on here? I would love to share my success story!!!! I have a pic in my profile if that counts? lol
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    no reason to be nervous, you are doing awesome!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger! Great job!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! What a big difference in your face, so pretty.
  • priyashah
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work and being healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!