Feeling frumpy and unattractive.

Options
Yesterday I said to my hubbie that I felt old, frumpy and unattractive (standing in my joggers by the front door with no make up).
He gave me a kiss and said "well I would love to hang out and feel comfortable like you everyday".

That was not what I wanted to hear - he didn't deny a thing.

First I was hurt and then I thought I would do something about it in time for our anniversay in March.

Anyone need a buddy - I have some work to do!

Replies

• Mairalove94
    Options
    I just started this and I need buddies I feel so bad and unhappy about my body that I can't sleep at night just thinking about it.. But anyways I'm motivated to get my night sleep and look good in a prom dress! I also have hated shopping cz I can't find things that make me feel and look good so let's be buddies(:
  • Kirsty300
    Options
    That would be great - I want to look in a mirror and smile. Thanks.
  • Mairalove94
    Options
    I don't even keep a mirror in my room nd I am unhappy so I need to be happy and yu need to be happy bout that mirror lmao! Lets do this! Hurahhh! Lol
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    im always up for new buddies XD add me! i would like to feel more attractive to my fiance!
  • Kirsty300
    Options
    Thanks everyone - oh btw I am not putting a photo up for a while - I had a disastrous cut. I thought I could take a bob and I thought I could keep it straight. My hair has lost its weight adn gone very curly and I now look like the Queen!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    aww.. im sure you look great! Think positive dont put urself down. =)
  • DOB1973
    DOB1973 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My hair has days like that, especially in this damp weather.

Also, Its all very well exercising everyday but I am constantly washing and straightening my hair. it cant be good for it, but its not long enough to put up. :-(
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. Ive been doing this for about 4 months and it does help if you have a support network and set realistic goals!!

Mark.
  • Kirsty300
    Options
    Mark - what are you doing on your weight tracker?
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Shooting guns :)
  • kayork
    kayork Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It would be nice to have more friends to kep me motivated.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Added you! :) Welcome to MFP!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well you know what to buy your husband for Christmas - a book on tact and diplomacy perhaps?
    Sounds like you haven't trained him properly!! :wink:
  • steller21
    Options
    Hi all. I'm new to this website, but not to this game. Lord knows I've been struggling ever since I can remember. And any support would be most helpful. I'm feeling just not 100% these days and I know I can do it, I just need support not the constant stream of negative voices (mainly my mother's) clouding my head. So if anyone wants to be friends, we can work together to stop the bad-self talk.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean :-( If you feel like this, this should push you to work towards your goal. Aslong as your doing something about your weight then no one can judge you. Don't judge yourself, you are doing something about it.

The fact your husbands saying that and kissing you, means he still loves you :-)

Let's be buddies. I have days like this all the time :-( sucks to be us!!!

I want to look in a mirror in my underwear and love who I am x
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!!! feel free to add me and good luck to everyone on your journey!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have days even after losing 30+ pounds when I feel old, frumpy and unattractive. But, your husband must've been having a grumpy day! Even when I weighed almost 170 (not pregnant or postpartum!) my husband told me how beautiful I was and how lucky he was to have me. My feelings would've been hurt, too!

It's good to see you being motivated instead of getting UN motivated (which is what I would've done!). I hope you find some activites you enjoy and accomplish your fitness goals! MFP is a great place to get encouragement!!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I remember making a similar comment to hubby once when we were out on a date. We were at a club listening to a friend of mine play music, and it was a younger crowd...I felt frumpy and unattractive next to all the younger gals. Hubby replied "Yeah, but I bet you could kick two or three of their @$$ses at the same time." Then he didn't understand why I was upset.
    But hey, I got my butt in gear after that! There's no better cure for the frumpies than regular exercise! Now I can look back on hubby's comment and laugh.
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like new friends! Feel free to add me. I'm getting married next year and that was my motivator, but everday I keep thinking to myself that this is for life, because I deserve to be happy, hot and healthy! You do to! :)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you would like