Which APP would you recommend for walking

Options
Hi at present I have just started to use an app called Sports Tracker to measure my walking and it shows how much calories I have burnt etc. I just want to know if anyone else uses this and if not which other apps would you recommend:bigsmile:

Replies

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    endomondo is a good 'un. theres a free version and a paid version.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar heart rate monitor with chest strap, which takes into account your age, gender, current weight and measures your actual heart rate to calculate calorie burn; more accurate than any of the estimating tools (including mfp)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sportypal works ok , free, android or Iphone has calories, top speed, 3d replay (if you dont mind flat buildings - works OK in the hills)
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    The GPS+ free app is easy to use, and has provided very similar results to my heart rate monitor when I've used them both to check (within 5-10 calories). The app records your weight, height, age etc, and does all the normal pedometer jobs, plus you can change settings for other activities - cycling, treadmill, trecking etc.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just use the CardioTrainer that came free with the phone - it's part of Noom, but not as fussy.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

You can also sync it with MFP, I doubt there's a better answer.
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Latest version of endomondo, beautiful sleek user interface. easy to use. always works with ant+/bt devices
    My tracks from google.
    +
    An audio player with equalizer and music, base freak is a good choice. it reminds me my school drill master.
    enjoy!
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use Walkmeter, and find it really useful
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

this, i luv endomondo!!
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Already suggested to my buddy Alicia, but for anyone else; Pedometer Ultimate GPS+.

Had it quite a while and love it. Uses music from the iPhone and gives spoken announcements of your progress. I use it with Wahoo Fitness HRM.
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like IDoMove. It's great for a general pedometer or for workouts or even both!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone:bigsmile:
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will have a look. Night Night