rye bread?

Options
Has anyone tried it..what's people's opinions ? After having not bought bread in nearly 6months I bought some today! The cals/carbs are so low that I thought "eff it why not" haha i'm excited to try it

Replies

• melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am currently living in Denmark and thats all they eat :P, personally i dont like it but as far as bread goes is not bad for you.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I love rye bread, but it has to be the real stuff, not the junk they sell in the supermarket.

Edit: If you put mayonnaise on rye bread, the universe implodes though, so be careful.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of rye bread. If it's the true Danish stuff, it's the healthiest bread there is. But if it's the soft, American kind it's not much better than other types of bread.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I am in Denmark also and I LOVE rugbrød, LOVE it! *lol*
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It's delicious. I like it with ham and gruyere and mayo and mustard and slices of tomato and then put it in my George Foreman grill.

Truth be told I like it with just about anything on it. A few months ago I went to the little bakery down the street from my office and got a nice fresh loaf of rye and took it home and made tuna sammiches with it and accompanied them with a nice dark stout. It was really freakin good.