Replies

• mrsmack05
    Options
    @Fitbeto, LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I used to be a carboholic.

I remember sleeping in the gutter, snorting bread crumbs off of one armed strippers, getting in fights with overweight 7 year olds for their ice cream. Once at thanksgiving, i cussed my grandma out and slapped my youngest sister (she was 2 at the time) because they suggested we give the left over potatoes to the poor. I was a wreck.

I had to change.

I did my research and did a little bit of testing on myself, and it turns out that if i am in a caloric deficit, no matter what my macros are, I still lose weight.

I still snort bread crumbs on occasion, but who doesnt have a dirty little secret?

this made my day plz gimme what u smokin or in ur case snorting coz it sure isnt bread crumbs hahahahahah!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You should read "Wheat Belly", it will stop your carb addition, you will lose weight and still eat a lot of food, Good luck

Tell me more about this! Is this not wanting to eat wheat? What else is there?
  • fraklein
    fraklein Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been on a low carb/high fat diet for about a month and am losing about 2 pounds a week without being hungry. I no longer eat any wheat or sugar, including bread, pasta, cakes, most fruit. As a bonus, I realized after a week or so that I'm sensitive to wheat, and no longer have to take my daily allergy pill or use my asthma inhaler. So not only am I getting thinner and healthier overall, but I can breath and sleep more comfortably. Happy!

I get most of my information from: http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/index.php and http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs, usually around 200 g a day and I lose weight fine with 1400-1500 cal a day. It's all about the calorie deficit.
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Myself also being a once carboholic and still needing to attend regular carb anonymous groups like visiting helps like sharing here........I have found some comfort in eating things like tofu noodles or even spaghetti squash to overcome the times I want a big dish of pasta with sauce to satisfy my craving. No it's not the exact same, it really won't be, but it really does fill you and fulfills the crave and what you can put on your mfp food list won't hardly dent into the carbs, etc..............it's like a miracle!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Food is necessary if you want to live. That's not the same as an addiction. Eat the carbohydrates. Your body needs them for energy.
  • jilliancraven
    Options
    I am new to this.. and trying to follow a the intake guidelines, yet I keep going way over on my carbs. So what foods are carbs and how do I reduce them?
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my carbs!!! NEVER!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The book "Wheat Belly" I feel applies only to people who have carb sensitivities, like diabetics. There's no reason to avoid carbs if you have room in your macros and calorie count for it. Someone here mentioned eating more protein, and I agree with that. It will (from my experience) keep you full and satisfied longer. Protein and fat are very important macros, and as long as you're meeting those macro goals, there's no reason to feel like you can't have carbs.

ETA: Of course, if you're like I was in the beginning, meeting your calorie goal is tough enough as it is. You only have to stick to your calorie goal to lose weight, but getting a good balance of macros is important too.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I used to be a carboholic.

I remember sleeping in the gutter, snorting bread crumbs off of one armed strippers, getting in fights with overweight 7 year olds for their ice cream. Once at thanksgiving, i cussed my grandma out and slapped my youngest sister (she was 2 at the time) because they suggested we give the left over potatoes to the poor. I was a wreck.

I had to change.

I did my research and did a little bit of testing on myself, and it turns out that if i am in a caloric deficit, no matter what my macros are, I still lose weight.

I still snort bread crumbs on occasion, but who doesnt have a dirty little secret?

Haha love this!! :laugh:
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have gotten out of carb situations in the past by forgetting calorie goals for three days and eating as much low/non carb foods when I felt carb "hungry". It actually never totalled that much (because they had not carbs, lol) but as long as I broke the diet pattern for 3 days ..my body would stop screaming for it.

Good luck
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not something to be avoided. Some people thrive on carbs. Me, I get stomach issues if I try eating high protein or anything else just because I'm "supposed to". I feel so amazing and thriving and energetic when I eat my carbs. Oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, sweet potatoes, whole grains, etc. Give me ALL THE CARBS, and my body knows just what to do with them.

Maybe try giving your body what it WANTS, which is apparently carbs. Just make sure they're healthy ones and not processed junk. :)
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    for five years i have struggled to eat more carbs and nothing has helped. maybe someday i will achieve balance.

good luck OP!