Extra skin? Help

After gaining about 60lbs of extra weight on my small 5'1 frame and busting my *kitten* to lose 40lbs of it I've come to the point where I think my belly fat issue might be extra skin? I'm 124.4lbs and 5'1 and I'm starting to see my ribs but yet my stomach makes me look pregnant. Any words of wisdom on this? I did a bunch of Jillian Michael's dvd and than Supreme 90 and now just started insanity. I have pics of my progress in my profile and my diary is open.

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    bump?
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    i have that issue with my arms and my belly since i had 2
    a c sections. Im only 5 foot tall. and i lost 150 lbs, but gained all but 30 of that back while pregnant with my daughter. Theres no way to get rid of it, except for surgery :( Unfortunatly, my dr and dietician have told me theres no exercise to do anything with it. Just a tummy tuck and a surgery that removes extra skin. Sorry babe :(<3
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Time will help a bit. It can take up to 2 years for skin to kind of get tightened up again. Losing another 5 lbs might help and keep working your abs. You've got your age on your side because your skin will still have decent elasticity.
  • Cindym82
    Thanks guys, it's been about 10months of really working my core and I see a little difference but after talking more and more to people it made me realize it might be the actual skin since the rest of my body is firming up and it's just a big mound of jelly LOL. I know you obviously can't spot reduce but was wondering if it's a surgery type deal or after awhile it will tighten. Thanks for making feel a little better, I guess i'll keep trucking along
  • Mokey41
    You can work on getting your body fat down as well instead of just weight loss. From your pictures it's not horrible at all. Leaning out will get rid of some of the fat layer that women are just so lucky to carry in their bellies! You can work rock hard abs under the fat but they won't show unless you can get that off. It's the trade off of whether you want to lean out to less than 20% BF or accept a little bit of belly.
  • Cindym82
    You can work on getting your body fat down as well instead of just weight loss. From your pictures it's not horrible at all. Leaning out will get rid of some of the fat layer that women are just so lucky to carry in their bellies! You can work rock hard abs under the fat but they won't show unless you can get that off. It's the trade off of whether you want to lean out to less than 20% BF or accept a little bit of belly.

I always said I have a 6 pack under there LOL, what's the best way to work at body fat? I feel maybe 5-10 more lbs would be fine but I def need to lose some more body fat. Not really good at this
  • Mokey41
    I got mine down to 19% by getting my weight down to 115 lbs (I'm 5'2") and running a lot. Not sure that's the right approach though.
  • Cindym82
    That's my goal weight and I figured with doing insanity it would help. I ran a lot before and really saw a difference and than I started to lift for a few months and realized I need to lose more body fat so bad to the cardio I go lol.