Same Again

Options
Will doing the same exercises at the gym cause you to plateau? Or are calories burn calories burnt?

Replies

• Pieater
    Options
    I don't claim to be a fitness guru, however I was trained that doing the same exercises in the smae order all the time trains your body to that pattern. When I learned this, I started changing the order of my routine and trying one different bonus exercise every day. I found that it felt like I was working much harder than I had in the past. Hope this helps.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When only doing the same exercises your body becomes more efficient performing the moves/exercises therefore causing you to burn less calories for the same exercise the more you do it.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Mix it up every 3-4 weeks. That is what most of the BB and fitness people do....notice in the gym all of the people who do the same thing over and over never seem to change.

So set a routine up that you follow for 4 weeks and then set 2 more routines for 4 weeks up each that is 3 months worth of workouts. Then rotate them that way you have a years worth of routines and your body doesn't get comfortable.

:smile: