Hello!

Options
Hey everybody -

My name's Kate and I've stumbled across this site after counting calories on my own for 5 weeks, losing 10 pounds. I love cal counting, but have definitely really slowed up on the weight loss (only 1/2 lb this week), so wondered if maybe I wasn't eating enough. Anyhow - found this, and just thought I'd check with you....

I've put my food for the day so far, and after lunch and exercise, and not at all hungry, I still have 800 cals to spend!!!! Do you have to eat the whole lot? It seems an awful lot to eat now, but obviosuly, I am aware that I may not have been eating enough in the last couple of weeks...

Any advice much appreciated

And HI!!! K.x

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would try to get atlest a little closer to your goal. You havde to make sure you're eating enough to burn calories. Sometimes I'm 100 or 200 under and I just let that go but 800 is a little much I think.
  • blonide
    Options
    Good work on the progress so far! You need to consider what you put into MFP to get your target numbers? also what is your total calorie number? This based on excercise and your daily activity can help us determine if your way off or if you need to tweak something.

As noted above, being off by 800 is not right no matter how you slice it! if you are short or over 100 to 200 calories on a given day, no biggie. You shouldnt eat if you are not hungry but you also need to keep up your metabolism and not let your body question when the next food source is coming - it's all about getting that motor running (did I just say that, umm ok, i'm a dork, but anyways)
  • kjs1628
    kjs1628 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have 800 calories left for the day, so tea and any other snacks to come off that - But in all likelihood, based on past experience, I will not consume 800 cals between now and bed time - maybe 500-600 if I have a ready meal rather than cooking! Should I use up the rest (which I could do easily by having a chocolate bar or something)???

I'm 5 foot 6 and 12 stone 5. Would like to get down to 11 stone, which is very slim for me. (I'd like to be 9 stone, but it's NEVER going to happen without a time amachine back to the 80s!!!)

In the last couple of weeks, I found I was comfortably eating between 1000 and 1200 cals, but using 150-200 a day on exercise bike, therefore only 'consuming' around 800-900. I wondered whether this was low enough to create 'starvation mode' where body clings on to any weight it gets.