slim quick anyone tried & liked?

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Slim Quick? Oh yes, I love it. I use it everyday. It's called a jump rope and a healthy diet. That'll get you slim and quick!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Whats your opinion on this?
    & if you don't think that you should take pills that's your own opinion and you can state that, but I'm not asking for advice on not taking it, I'm just seeing if anyone took it and liked it.

Because you typed this sentence, I am guessing deep down you know diet pills don't work and you just wasted $5. If losing weight were as easy as popping pills, why would anyone choose to stay fat?

Actually weight loss pills can and do work on some people.
    I had lost over 25 pounds with pills but i couldn't afford them anymore, so i had to stop taking them.

How much weight did you gain back when you stopped taking them?

less than 5 pounds than what i started at taking the pills.

If you gained back most of what you lost, then wouldn't it stand to reason that the weight loss you get with taking pills is obviously not sustainable. I know it's cliche but the best way to get started is to just do it. Make a promise to yourself to eat "x" amount of calories every day, and make yourself keep that promise. Once you have a handle on that, then you can start an exercise program. Eventually, your efforts will become habit and you won't have to worry about gaining anything back.

Please don't take this as a criticism of your choices. I'm honestly trying to help. You can't take those pills for the rest of your life. The only way to successfully regulate your body weight over the long term is to take action to do so.
  • Charie1981
    Charie1981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't like how they make me feel it's too much caffeine agree with the other post save your money$$$$ Feel Free to add me if your looking for friends.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I had lost over 25 pounds with pills but i couldn't afford them anymore, so i had to stop taking them.

So you used them before... couldn't afford to keep taking them and gained the weight back? Now you want to start taking them again?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My opinion on the matter is that fitness pills/weight loss pills should not exist. Fitness is not something that should be handed out in a bottle. Everyone who has it worked hard for it and made sacrifices in their life to get it. If you're not willing to do these things for it then you just plain don't deserve it.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    & if you don't think that you should take pills that's your own opinion and you can state that, but I'm not asking for advice on not taking it, I'm just seeing if anyone took it and liked it.
    So you only want answers from people that it worked for them? If those were the only people that would have replied you would have gotten no replies to this thread,
    If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all.
    I'm not trying to not do it the right way, i just need a jump start.
    Nearly every response was a nice polite response just not the response you wanted.

There is no jump start.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    calories in < calories out = weight loss

Don't go for a quick fix, don't take pills or follow fad diets, don't eat at a huge deficit you won't be able to sustain it. You didn't gain the extra weight in a month your not going to lose it in a month.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Kind of sounds to me like you are gong to take them regardless and are just looking for verification. Which I'm afraid you won't find on a healthy lifestyle forum.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

So you used them before... couldn't afford to keep taking them and gained the weight back? Now you want to start taking them again?

:heart:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. Why would you want to put chemicals in your body to lose weight...why not use food(fuel) and exercise?
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. Why would you want to put chemicals in your body to lose weight...why not use food(fuel) and exercise?

same way i feel about coffee and nicotine... there are a lot better drugs i could get addicted to and have a lot more fun on those drugs
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Im sorry, Im trying to do this the natural way. Without anything I have to take with the word "Quick" in it. Cause trying to lose weight as fast as possible may not be wrong, but it sure aint the best for your system.

Then again, if you were on some kind of get fat quick program to begin with, maybe get slim quick would be the best idea. idk i dont have eating problems.

Good luck!!

Nobody asked for your opinion about right or wrong way.
    I didn't say that i was trying to lose the weight fast either, did i?
    So stop putting words in my mouth.

I also don't have eating problems either, so before you go judging why don't you think again.

Thanks, for the good luck but i don't need other peoples luck i make my own.
    I just asked for people that have used to to see if they had liked it or not.
    thanks.

Good Luck to you.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    My opinion on the matter is that fitness pills/weight loss pills should not exist. Fitness is not something that should be handed out in a bottle. Everyone who has it worked hard for it and made sacrifices in their life to get it. If you're not willing to do these things for it then you just plain don't deserve it.

Nobody said i wasn't making sacrifices, and i do deserve this just as much as the next person.
    Why don't you go back and read the post.
    I didn't say that i wanted peoples opinions on the pills and rather i should take them or not.
    I asked for opinions on the pills from people that had used them before..

Some pills shouldn't exist and they are many more on the market than what there should be, but some do work and they do help keep the weight off for the people that just need a jump start and a little help.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    So you only want answers from people that it worked for them? If those were the only people that would have replied you would have gotten no replies to this thread,
    If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all.
    I'm not trying to not do it the right way, i just need a jump start.
    Nearly every response was a nice polite response just not the response you wanted.

There is no jump start.

calories in < calories out = weight loss

Don't go for a quick fix, don't take pills or follow fad diets, don't eat at a huge deficit you won't be able to sustain it. You didn't gain the extra weight in a month your not going to lose it in a month.

No it was the answer that i wanted, why do people always judge. Damn! people are so rude.
    i wanted to see if anyone liked it or didn't like it.
    If that was her opinion on the pills then that was her opinion and thats fine. But i didn't ask for that opinion on this post.
  • ashleew1117
    Options

Yeah, because these are different.
    Do you know how to read?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Do you know how to read?

In this case you're the one being rude and snarky. I was trying to understand the situation so I could best give you advice, but I guess the person above was correct and you only wanted advice from people who would tell you what you wanted to hear.

There are a lot of people who answered you that are just concerned about your health and well being as well as the long term effects these chemicals will have on your body/metabolism. You received some great advice on a healthy effective way to lose weight but instead you just acted $itchy to those people.

Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options

Sorry, wrong post.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I bought a pack of these pills yesterday at work, to see what it was all about. I had seen them on TV before but they was only $5 so i thought that i would give it go.
    Has anyone lost weight from taking this pill, or like it?

Did you try them out meanwhile? I started today with Slim Quick. Got to wait and see.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I USUALLY GET A HEADACHE FROM THEM BECAUSE OF THE STIMULANT.

Same.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So let me get this straight...you only want opinions from people who have had success and you will not take any other advice? Why even bother asking the question? Pills do not provide any benefit other than psychological.

/thread
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Do you know how to read?

Wow. That's rude.