Net Calories

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to My Fitness Pal and have a question regarding the net calories. If mine says 1200, should I be consuming only 1200 calories a day? or is this what i should be consuming after I take away calories burned from exercise?

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You need to consume the minimum of 1200 calories - what you burn in exercise are extra calories to eat:happy: . This keeps the body functioning properly - you don't want to go into the dreaded starvation mode:noway: . Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • FaithDiva
    Options
    Hi Kristin... when you're on your home page it reflects your goal. That is what you always want to aim for before you ever get the exercise in. And like Betty said...what you burn in exercise is extra calories, which will always adjust your net for the day. Best wishes to you on this journey.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It is up to you if you want to consume the calories earned by doing exercise. I usually do not consume all of them, but if I go a little over (100-200) my original target I am ok with that. Welcome to MFP, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!
  • Kristin456
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)