One Year and almost there

Options
Chenoachem
Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
Good Morning. I just did my weigh in and after 1 year of working with MFP I am only 0.6 pounds from my goal. I started this journey when I realized that I was creeping back up to what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant and knew I needed to do something. It has been slow and steady, but that is how we win this race. Right?

Goals:
Stop having my asthma control my life: I have now gone 1 year without being in the hospital. This is the first time since I was born.
Lose 43 pounds: I have lost 42.4 pounds

Other Accomplishments:
Pants Size 14 (start) - Size 4 (now)
Shirt Size L or XL (start) - Size XS (now)
Run not at all (start) - Run 7 miles (now)
Bike not at all (start) - Bike 20+ miles (now)

I can post updated pictures later. But I was happy to look back and see what I could do with 1 year of determination and not giving up.

Good Luck to all you out there just starting. You can do this.

Replies

• claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Well done to you, thats fantastic, and an amazing inspiration!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    GREAT!!! :flowerforyou: You are an inspiration!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Belight
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for posting that! Today is day 1 for me.......:flowerforyou:
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, especially when you laid out the before and afters. Congrats!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    amazing!! thank you so much for sharing your accomplishment! It truly helps a Monday morning weigher!!
  • tnallen
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are certainly an inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Thank you. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the support of fellow MFPer's.
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :smile:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Wow you look great.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are some amazing accomplishments! Congratulations!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing job! And you are completely correct! Slow and steady DOES win the race with weight loss. It's what gets the weight off and keeps it off in a healthy manner! Pat yourself on the back.
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, This is a huge accomplishment, you are an inspiration to me and a lot of others both here and out in the world. Can't wait to see the pictures.
  • lilcal13
    Options
    Way to Go! Thanks for posting this. I like how you have an emphasis on health as well as just weight loss. Congratulations on controlling your asthma! Makes me believe that my weight loss goals are possible as well! :flowerforyou:
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Way to go! You are so there! And you've changed your lifestyle to match what you want to be (like running and biking!). Good job!
  • TizMeAim
    Options
    wow that is wonderful congrats on all your hard work..... today is my first day but I am going to give my all!! hopefully in a year I will be where u are...... my goal....... again CONGRATS!!!!!!!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    That is awesome! You must be so proud.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    That is awesome! You must be so proud.

I am. Thank you all for your comments.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    great job thanks for reminding me that its not gonna happen over night, especially if its done the right way../
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow this is awesome news....I can not weight (wait) to see you before and after pictures. Its wonderful to see all of your accomplishment.....I mean the asthma is BIIIIGGGGGG. Keep it up and congrats to the new you!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Perfect!!

Your beginning and your goal is almost exactly in line with mine, and I am not even two weeks in, so this is truly inspiring, thank you!!! I hope to be making the same post myself a year from now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!