Wow, I am better than I thought!

Options
So, I just did the Home Body Fat Test that someone posted a little while back. It says I am at 20.5% body fat. I have 37 lbs of fat and 146 lbs is the rest of me. Ok, that is WAY better than I thought I was doing! :drinker: That pretty much makes my goal of losing another 37 lbs an impossibility. Anyone know how accurate this information is? Should I be looking at re-evaluating my goals. When I use the BMR calculator in MFP, I get that I needed to lose about 50 lbs, which is where I set my goals. Any thoughts?

Replies

• jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    So, I just did the Home Body Fat Test that someone posted a little while back. It says I am at 20.5% body fat. I have 37 lbs of fat and 146 lbs is the rest of me. Ok, that is WAY better than I thought I was doing! :drinker: That pretty much makes my goal of losing another 37 lbs an impossibility. Anyone know how accurate this information is? Should I be looking at re-evaluating my goals. When I use the BMR calculator in MFP, I get that I needed to lose about 50 lbs, which is where I set my goals. Any thoughts?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Here it is for those that are curious:
    women over 30:
    hips + (thigh) - (2 x calf) - wrist = body fat
    women under 30:
    hips + (thigh * .8) - (2 x calf) - wrist = body fat

to just type in the numbers (or if you're a guy, I can't remember the formula):

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. According to this website it says I have:

You have 24.1% body fat.
    You have 50.9 Pounds of fat and 160.1 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

So this means 24.1% of me is fat? My sisters scale that measures body fat by sending an impulse through your feet says i'm 40% fat... so which one is right?
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    I had my tranier a while back check me with calipers (OUCHY!!)...I was just about 30% fat. He was saying women should be around 20% and men should be around 10% (we need the extra fat for babies :smile: )

I'm really looking to get that number down by the time he comes back into town in 2-3months (hopefully!)