Question about 30 day shred

Options
Okay. So my boyfriend downloaded the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I thought it was only 30 minutes long. But the one he downloaded is 90 minutes long, but there's phase 1, phase 2, and a phase 3. So my question is: Do you do the whole thing or is it like after the 1st phase gets easy for you, you move on to the 2nd phase and so on. So each phase is 30 minutes?

Replies

• Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Start out with Phase 1 and then as you get better at it you go up to Phase 2 instead of Phase 1. Only do one phase.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Start out with Phase 1 and then as you get better at it you go up to Phase 2 instead of Phase 1. Only do one phase.

Thats what I figured. And then each phase is half an hour right?
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i am also doing this and I am just doing one level at a time and then will move on as i feel the need to go to the next level..I dont belive it is meant to do all 3 at 1 time..I think if you listen to her talk she says something about when your ready you can move on(but i could be wrong).
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dont be surprised if you gain a wee bit in the beginning.....that's what seems to be happening to me. I am hoping after a week to go back down.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yes, each level is about 20 minutes plus warmup and cooldown :) Today is my day 12 and I've seen great results already :) I do 10 days before moving up a level. So today is my day 2 on level two.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Im excited to start!
  • nurseandi
    Options
    I started yesterday! i can't wait to do it tonight. It's fun!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I was wondering why when I first started I wasn't losing any weight. I didn't gain weight, but I definitely wasn't losing any. I think it just tones u up pretty nicely so it looks like you're not losing anything. I'm going to start this again next week, I've heard you are supposed to do each level for 10 days, but when listening to Jillian she doesn't say anything about it, just that when you are ready go to the next level. But many of the people I know who have had great results from it have done it every single day for the whole 30 days, each level for 10 days. So maybe that's a good idea!
  • fozzy33
    Options
    I started out doing 30 day shred and was losing 3lbs a week when I first started. Then I dont know if my body got used to it, but I stopped losing weight after 3 weeks. I might go back to it and add it to my workout routine.

I do the Biggest Loser PowerSculpt...and love it. It has 3 phases as well. But on this when you move up a level to phase 2....you also do phase 1.

Im wondering if 30 day is the same.....

Michelle
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it for your only exercise....You still need cardio!!! I use it for my strength and toning workout and think its great for this purpose.:wink:
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it for your only exercise....You still need cardio!!! I use it for my strength and toning workout and think its great for this purpose.:wink:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am understanding that you only do it one level per day. Many other people still do cardio on top.