I need meal ideas for work!

Options
So i just started a new job yesterday and there is no access to a microwave or fridge. i am used to bringing healthy leftovers that i can heat up but now im stumped for healthy meals!

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Heat them up at a gas station!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try couscous with variations of vegetables, fish or chicken ... I tend to make a bit more for dinner, roasting veggies in the oven, whatever I fancy or have left in the fridge, add a bit of canned tuna, smoked mackerel or grilled chicken et voila, the leftovers are great for the lunchbox, healthy and tasty without heating up!
  • lynnypenny1982
    Options
    Keep your food in a thermos. Make or heat up before work. I do this sometimes, and it works really well. The food stays warm.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I bring a low carb/low fat tortilla wrap and some lettuce in a baggie, a foil packet of either tuna or salmon, a little container with 2 Tbsp of lite mayo. Mix it all up and do the wrap! Sometimes I will bring a couple of hard boiled eggs to chop up or a seafood snacker (individual serving of the fake crab legs). Easy, peazy!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    you could get a cool bag if it needs to be chilled
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    No frig is easy, a lunch box and an ice pack will keep food cold for 8 hours. Sandwiches and salads can be eaten cold. If your going low carb or avoiding bread there are plenty of low carb healthier breads, pita's, or tortilla's out there to deliver your sandwich fillings. Lots of fruits and fresh veggies are good for you.

You can get insulated thermos's and bowls to keep hot stuff warm. Just heat it before you go to work.
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For warm food try a thermos flask or insulated bento box. The food will need to be piping hot before you put it in to the box/flask which has been preheated with boiling water but you should get a nice hot meal as long as you don't take too late a lunch!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd go with wraps. I like them better than traditional sandwiches because I can roll up 1 - 1.5 cups of leafy greens with the other sandwich ingredients. I use Flat Out brand high fiber wraps, but any wholemeal wrap or tortilla will do the trick. I make them with hummus, baba ganouch, leftover meat/fish, canned tuna, etc. Add veggies to suit the protein and top with a vinaigrette, mustard and/or hot sauce.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fridge or microwave at my work either. I bought a lunchbox with a little ice pack, and it stays cold all day. Some of my favorite foods to bring are- tuna/chicken salad in a wrap or on bread, carrots/hummus, string cheese, almonds, oranges, bananas, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, beef jerky, grapes, cubed cheese and triscuits/crackers, salad in a tupperware container (keep dressing separate or it gets soggy). I also use a thermos for soups as well. :) I hope this helps.