Hello everyone

Options
me0231
me0231 Posts: 218 Member
I've been a member for a while but haven't had the courage to say hello. I've logged for without fail for about 3 months and have list nearly half of the weight I need to lose. Ideally I'd like about 5lbs below my goal but I'll cross that bridge when I'm there.
I've been struggling with my weight since puberty and have failed countless diets, usually ending up gaining even more. Now for the first time ever I feel like I can keep this up. I think I've always been either too restrictive and then craving those foods so much until I couldn't stand it anymore or I felt like I needed to lose at least 2lbs a week and if I didn't I might as well eat. Or have one bad meal and then eat crap for a week straight. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I finally think I figured out a way to lose weight and make the 'permanent lifestyle change' people preach about.
Another big issue for me is my mom. I know she means well and I know she thinks she's encouraging, but since puberty I've been told I'm too heavy, that no man would find the jiggle attractive and that those are nice jeans just a shame I'm so big. I don't want to blame my mom for my issues, but it certainly didn't help.

My weight loss is slow, 7.6kg in 3 months but for the first time in my life I'm okay with this. I eat healthy most of the time, but I will not deny myself a craving. I just stay sensible about it. I don't know why I had the need to drop all the weight in 2 weeks if it took years to pack it on. But anyways, I think I'm finally on the right track and I know I can get to my goal. Shame it took so long to figure it out, it's not really rocket science!

Replies