Juice fast

Options
Hi! I am starting a juice fast today in order to jump start a new healthier lifestyle. I plan on doing this for at least 3 days but I would like for it to last longer. Has anyone juiced before? I would love some helpful tips!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Just... don't
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    No
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, jumpstarting your new lifestyle by practicing the lifestyle that you wish to sustain. Fasting for long periods like that will do nothing but mess up your metabolism, and if you do lose any weight from it, most of it will be water and you will put it back on as soon as you introduce solid foods. Speaking from experience.

Figure out a healthy deficit, and get to work on your goals the healthy way.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Enema cleanse would probably offer more benefits than a juice cleanse, unless you were using juice in the enema.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I would highly recommend watching the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" google it, you can watch it free online! There are also a lot of free recipes for juices! Hopefully you have a juicer and are not drinking store bought juice, because they are loaded with sugar! I purchased a Nutribullet and drink a "nutriblast" every morning! I've tried a liquid diet before and I missed chewing so I never was able to do it for the set number of days, but good luck! Oh also, I find that I have to have my mid morning snack because I will be ravenous come lunch time, so you will have to juice every couple of hours or you'll be extremely hungry! Hope this helps!:smile:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I like juice... but I like to chew my meals too... so juice usually just accompanies my meals.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    WHY!?!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    "Jump start" Bwahahaha
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    oh dear
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    drink it \m/
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    First I would like to say great job on working towards a healthier and happier lifestyle. I would recommend trying to find a more sustainable approach to weightloss. A juice "cleanse" may get you results but none that are going to last a lifetime. Best of luck to you with whatever route you choose to take. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend watching the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" google it, you can watch it free online! There are also a lot of free recipes for juices! Hopefully you have a juicer and are not drinking store bought juice, because they are loaded with sugar! I purchased a Nutribullet and drink a "nutriblast" every morning! I've tried a liquid diet before and I missed chewing so I never was able to do it for the set number of days, but good luck! Oh also, I find that I have to have my mid morning snack because I will be ravenous come lunch time, so you will have to juice every couple of hours or you'll be extremely hungry! Hope this helps!:smile:

Yes, a super rich guy with nothing else to do but drink juice go across the country and work out all the time. I think I would have no problem dropping weight.
    I'd rather work on dealing with how I have been eating and making a commitment to that.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif
    tumblr_mdydnkTj0t1rpae6q.gif
    tumblr_mbheh8Cnuy1rqg2t8.gif

Not the healthiest approach. There really is no jump-start. When you put hard work in, results will happen. Be patient and you'll reach your goal.

*PEW*PEW*PEW*PEW*PEW*
    Positivity Laser
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend watching the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" google it, you can watch it free online! There are also a lot of free recipes for juices!

You get what you pay for.

I have a guy friend who watched this movie. He then got some hair brained idea from it and juice fasted for 30 days. He was so handsome and muscular before. Now he looks sick and he lost about 30 pounds of his lean body mass. What a dumb idea. I personally have worked WAY to hard for my muscle and strength, no I way I am going to sacrifice my muscle TYVM. I prefer to lose fat, by doing it the correct way.

Create a healthy deficit, watch your macros, and strength train. Its really as easy as that people.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    A cleanse like that is just quackery. It's not good for you, it's not a good frame of mind to start a healthy eating plan in and, ultimately, it will slow your metabolism and cause you to gain weight (it will also peak and crash your blood sugar, which means if you slip up, you'll slip up HARD, and if you don't, you'll be utterly miserable!). Our liver and kidneys are there to cleanse our bodies; buying into fad diets does us no good.
    Start as you mean to go on.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I would love some helpful tips!

Blend up a steak.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I have a guy friend who watched this movie. He then got some hair brained idea from it and juice fasted for 30 days. He was so handsome and muscular before. Now he looks sick and he lost about 30 pounds of his lean body mass. What a dumb idea. I personally have worked WAY to hard for my muscle and strength, no I way I am going to sacrifice my muscle TYVM. I prefer to lose fat, by doing it the correct way.

Create a healthy deficit, watch your macros, and strength train. Its really as easy as that people.
    Pretty predictable result for your guy friend (the bolded part). Maybe somebody should do a response video to "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" - call it "SKINNY Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", because that more aptly describes the result of a juice fast. The only thing it will "jump start" is a huge, unnecessary loss of lean body mass.

Good for you on the rest of your post, AmandaElaine - you're going about it the right way! Losing lean body mass isn't desirable at all - it's a lot easier to keep what you have than to try to put it back on after you've lost it. Building muscle is a lot slower and more difficult than maintaining what you have.

In regards to juice fasts, cleanses, etc. - it never ceases to amaze me the unhealthy things people will do to their bodies in the name of "health".
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    In before...

Too late...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I prefer to juice slow... that way I can savor the flavor longer

Sage advice