Where are my fellow sardines-lovers?

Options
Ok I know it's not popular to say but I LOVE SARDINES! They are yummy and a great source of protein for my pescatarian self. They are cheap and they are easy to bring to work and last for a long time. I just adore them. They are my go-to for lunch on the run. That with some nice melba toast and I'm good to go.

Where are my other sardines lovers at?

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them a lot growing up. I think I will get a can see if I still like them.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    not here! :)
  • krclaytor
    krclaytor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sardines are awesome. Pickled herring in the jars are even better!
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here! On toast, on a salad, straight out of the can after a hike...yum.

Just can't take them to the office.
  • TXGirl821
    Options
    I love sardines!! Anytime I say that to someone, I always get that grimace and they look at me like I'm nuts.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat them in my office but then seal the garbage in the ziploc I bring and throw them out in the big garbabe in our common kitchens. Voila' no smell in my office :-)
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm here! The stores are crazy - yesterday they only had sardines in olive oil. I don't really know any other way to eat them, so I am open to suggestions. So, I now eat them on pretzel chips with a tad of mustard.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sardines are awesome. Pickled herring in the jars are even better!

Hmmm, haven't tried those.
  • HRShiraz
    HRShiraz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love sardines too. I squeeze fresh lemon or lime over them & add a few drops of hot sauce.

When I lived in Australia, we got fresh local sardines which were even more delicious - barbequed or pan-fried.
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love every variety there is. Lately I've been into the ones in hot sauce.

And fresh sardines, YESSSS! I love those too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I have a package in my cupboard but I havent been brave enough to eat them. I used to love them when I was a little kid.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love sardines- so much so as a kid my grandmother (my grandfather was the one who got me hooked on them) would put a few cans in my stocking. lol Still delish. I also like the baby mussels in the can!
  • ekaddo
    ekaddo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Perfect item to keep in desk at work. King Oscar's in Olive Oil are tasty.

31824714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I actually really like canned sardines in olive oil.. or in other sauces. Have a couple at my work's desk for lunch sometimes.
  • Rey278
    Rey278 Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to eat sardines but i am now a mackarel lover! i'm sure they have more protein than sardines too. (i could be wrong though) :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    The nutrition in sardines is off the charts.......I consider them a super food in my diet. :happy:
  • vabelle86
    vabelle86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WAVES HANDS FURIOUSLY

I love sardines. I take them very seriously. In fact I think Ill eat some for lunch now.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I love sardines too! I started eating them as a little kid and will occasionally buy them now. As a kid, I just ate them out of the can, but now I like to put them on crackers. Melba toast sounds like a great idea!