help -need suggestions

aerobicgirl
aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ok so i decided to cut out breads. before i found out i was pregnant i had cut out bread and ate alot of chicken and broccoli, cottage cheese and well lost about 7 lbs. but as you know it gets old. any suggestions on any other entrees to eat. i try to eat deli turkey meat or ham. alot of salads. any other suggestions. i think my body deosn't like the bread it sticks to my hips.

Replies

• Greek Yogurt, flavor your chicken recipes with lawyers marinates: i make my own tereyaki chicken with that, bbq, etc... also try to mix chicken pieces with some black beans or beans.. changes the texture too.. .string cheese (although be caeful as cheese is high in fat), as always it's good to eat veggies and fruit.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    I would be careful with the deli meats, they contain alot of hidden sodium... try to eat things as close to nature as possible, fresh/frozen fruits and veggies, lean meats, etc. check out some of your friends' food logs for ideas of things to try, especially those who are doing well :)

For me, i have found it easiest to limit my choices for breakfast and lunch, and use dinner to change things up. Seems to work for me.

good luck to you
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Are you up for trying things like Garden burgers. I like them with some cheese or salsa on them.

Other things:
    Veggies and Hummus
    Beans
    Yogurt with granola or fruit slices
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    If you avoid the white break and go with something 100% whoole wheat and all natural it should be much better. The problem with white flour is that it breaks down too quickly and spikes you blood sugar. Not to mention that it's normally "bleached" with Bromine, which causes a whole different type of issue with you metabolism.
  • aerobicgirl
    Are you up for trying things like Garden burgers. I like them with some cheese or salsa on them.

Other things:
    Veggies and Hummus
    Beans

garden burgers?? are those like veggie burgers, for snacks i eat craisins, or the yoplait yogurt, grapefruits, and salads for lunch, but i know a place that has veggie burgers. and bc i work full time i also eat the cafe steamers.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member

Other things:
    Veggies and Hummus
    Beans

garden burgers?? are those like veggie burgers, for snacks i eat craisins, or the yoplait yogurt, grapefruits, and salads for lunch, but i know a place that has veggie burgers. and bc i work full time i also eat the cafe steamers.

Garden burgers are a type of veggie burgers that used veggies backed with brown rice. I find them very yummy.
  • aerobicgirl

Other things:
    Veggies and Hummus
    Beans

Garden burgers are a type of veggie burgers that used veggies backed with brown rice. I find them very yummy.

so you think veggie burgers are just as healthy
This discussion has been closed.