Turning 29, One Year to Transform

Options
My name is Kristine. I am turning 29 this Sunday and am starting a 1 year transformation challenge. I have been on MFP for a long time and haven't really committed. I always told myself though, that there is no way in HELL I will go into my 30's the way I am now (or worse). So, I am getting serious.
I have a coworker who is a serious athlete. She just competed in her first fitness competition and got 1st in her class. She has offered to help coach me though this and be my personal cheerleader.
I am going to set myself milestones to reach with time lines that are reasonable, but will put me at a 123.3 weight-loss by my birthday next December. I am going to journal to help get out my emotional deterrents and hopefully notice and trends with my eating.
I am looking for friends to join me in the journey. I will share my journals and logs. I will share my time line - anything. I just ask for the same in return.

Replies

• jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get my health in order before my 30's (but I'm down to only a few months left of being 29) feel free to add me if you want.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100, I've got 18 down so obviously I'll be working hard well into next year! You can add me!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm here! I am 28 and this year in early summer I just woke up one day and knew that there's no way I can bypass my 20s without ever feeling sexy and confident. 22 lbs later I am getting there! Add me! I know how hard it is (especially when you're just starting out) and I'm on here every day. You can also look at my diary for ideas if you want.

Also, that's awesome that the girl at work is helping you out! It makes a big difference when someone is there to push you when you need it.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good luck doll!! Congrats on commiting yourself to a new year :)
  • klab11
    klab11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I am just seeing this post a little late but I can relate. I turned 29 in November so 30 is creeping up on me super quick! I am down for the challenge with you ladies this year!

Have a great day! And here is to a healthy new year!
  • luv4ayden
    luv4ayden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 29 and only have 8 months until my 30th birthday. Started a little late cause I've been slacking, but my goal is also to get into shape before I hit my 30's!! I used to be into martial arts and a runner a few years back but because of asthma (and general laziness) I've been out of the game for quite some time. I have gained 20 lbs since (if not more)... My goal is to get back into running and work towards a 5k sometime this summer (I have to have a goal or I just won't do it)... and in the process reach my goal weight. I am 5'10" and 190 lbs and hope to reach 170 first then work towards 160 by my 30th bday. Great to hear you have a personal coach!! We could all use one of those! You can definitely add me! I also could use support on this journey. :)