What would you do with $425 million dollars?

Options

Replies

• awesome_inferno
    awesome_inferno Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    $425M hookers and blow party.

Can I get an invite??? Sounds like a good time!!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Mountain bike and kayak just like I do now- except in way cooler places and without stopping periodically to go to work.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    $425M hookers and blow party.

EXACTLY!!!

BTW...it is now $500 miliion for those of you keeping track.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Get fired from my job for acting like a fool...and other stuff
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    give 1 million to 400 poor countries (communities?) for development and keep the 25 million ;)
  • aaroboy21
    aaroboy21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is that enought to buy Hostess?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    give 1 million to 400 poor countries (communities?) for development and keep the 25 million ;)

Well you would then be in A LOT of debt.

You have to pay taxes first, which is about half
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Well first I would come on MFP and ask for some sound financial advice. Ok, maybe not, I would sit at my dining room table and design what I would consider to be the perfect house, from subfloor to roof. Not to blueprint specifications, but pretty close. Then I would buy a wall map of the US and go state by state pro's and con's of choosing to live there (currently there are two out in the north west that have a really great Pro). I would then contact the brothers that are on TV where one finds the fixer uppers and the other one fixes them up, and I would get them to be in charge of my project. I would choose the cash payout, and really don't give a **** about the tax ramifications of doing so because $150 Million dollars is more than enough for me and my family to live on for a few generations. I would update my will. I would have one of the best home based gyms in the world, and a private trainer, to work with my personal chef and continue my weight loss efforts. I would have to buy a couple of Alienware computers so that I could stay in touch. I would invite my MFP Friends to come and enjoy a workout vacation at my new home, all expenses paid of course. Those of us that are poor tell ourselves that money doesn't buy happiness, but I am pretty sure I could rent it for the remainder of my life with $150 Million.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Or maybe a dog. They really want a dog.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Well you would then be in A LOT of debt.

You have to pay taxes first, which is about half
    OP didn't mention it was from the lottery in the question she just said what we would do with 425 million.
  • amwoodruff
    amwoodruff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think about this A LOT. My husband and I have talked about it and hashed out the details. We would instantly split it down the middle, that way we don't mess with our marriage by arguing about what to do with it. (Although the other day he was saying something like we get a third and then give the last third to charity right away. I said, 'NO WAY< HALF AND HALF IS AGREED AND NO CHANGES. GIVE YOURS AWAY.' Because I have PLANS. LIke buying family members a place to live forever, and maybe starting an animal shelter. I would get a house that is reasonable, something where I could afford the property taxes if I lost all the rest of the money and had to work again. I would get a financial planner DAY ONE. I would not turn into Paris Hilton, and my daughter would not be driving a BMW in high school. I WOULD buy one of the following: A trip around the world, a designer purse, and a fun high-end car. Those should total under 1 million, and if we are talking 425 million, my family and I should be set to live a decent life and still be able to give back until we die.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Technically you wouldn't sniff 425 million...
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    lawrence-office-space.jpg
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'd wonder how big of a slice the fed will take out if it once 2013 hits. Everybody's rates are going up, up up!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Run away with some hot guy to a remote beach and never look back.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Are we talking about Powerball?

I still need to go buy some tickets.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Set up a charitable foundation to support homeless shelters, womens shelters and animal shelters. In fact, I'd be the Queen of Philanthropy and try and do a TON of good things for the people that need it the most.

Also, I'd travel to my hearts content.
  • fatboymax
    Options
    Punch Justin Beiber in the face for $100 million (will give the money to his charity) then the rest is just gravy
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm not playing it, but I'd def buy a house, buy the wedding dress I really want, pay off my student loans and car, pay off my moms house, give a couple hundred thousand to my future in laws and buy my fiances lil bro a car.

And then spoil the hell outta my fiance.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hire an accountant...

Then I'd probably invest some, set up some sort of scholarship fund, pay off my parents mortgage, pay of student loans, and such...