Fruit, under calorie goal. Is it really that bad?

I've only lost around 2lbs now, according to my tracker. Now I know it's silly to depend on scales and the such, since the numbers aren't always accurate, but since I don't measure or anything (not to mention my mind plays means tricks on me whenever I look in a mirror) I pretty much depend on the scale since I can't trust my own judgment.

Ever since I started dieting again, I've been eating a ton of fruits (mainly pineapple since I wasn't much of a fruit person to begin with), and I've been cutting down drastically on my carbs, sodium, and fats. I don't even have fast food anymore, yet why is it still so hard/slow to take off those lbs? Is it really that bad to eat less than the 1,200 calories I need to ingest daily? I've been stuck at 137 for going in three days now, and I'm kinda getting worried.

And for added record, I go for a walk or do the treadmill every day and burn around 200 calories each time. I know it is t much, but do I need to be excessively pumping weights, running and sweating just to see those shedder lbs? I've read from other women on here that you can still achieve weight loss, but starvation mode kicks in eventually. How long does starvation mode last for, a couple weeks? (From what I read, I want to make sure what they said was accurate). Because if its not, then I'm doing it all wrong! Any suggestions?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Nvm. Someone pointed out that you probably meant your weight is 137 not your calorie intake.
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Hi there! First, you should open your food diary :-) Second, relax about the scale. Most will tell you to weigh only once a week, once a month or toss it out altogether for a while. You're exercising which is great!! Keep that up!! But also, you need to eat. I would suggest you try measuring or weighing your foods for a while, just to make sure your portion sizes are what you think they are. That way you really know what you're taking in. Fruits are great, and getting rid of the fast food is fabulous! Make sure you are getting carbs and protein too, and don't forget to incorporate some water into your day. Lastly, if there is one thing I've learned is that you need to have patience. Eat healthy and exercise and give your body some time to "get the hint" that it doesn't need to keep the extra weight around any longer. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. :-)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    do I need to be excessively pumping weights, running and sweating just to see those shedder lbs?

yes
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Fruit is good. Eat it. If you are under 1200 calories, then eat more.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member

Ever since I started dieting again, I've been eating a ton of fruits (mainly pineapple since I wasn't much of a fruit person to begin with), and I've been cutting down drastically on my carbs, sodium, and fats. I don't even have fast food anymore, yet why is it still so hard/slow to take off those lbs? Is it really that bad to eat less than the 1,200 calories I need to ingest daily? I've been stuck at 137 for going in three days now, and I'm kinda getting worried.

you are small already. you should NOT go below 1200 calories. go 10-15% under TDEE- use this- oobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    do I need to be excessively pumping weights, running and sweating just to see those shedder lbs?

YES!! otherwise you wont be happy with your body (unless you are happy with skinny fat) in order to change your body composition you need to lift heavy weight.... ps- lift heavy = eat more!!

i used to weigh 125 (i am 5'4) and was skinny fat. i am now 142 and built muscle. i eat 2000 calories/day.

dont go under 1200. depending on your height i would say dont go under 1500. weight train 4x week. cardio 2-3x week