need to lose 85 lbs and need friends. soon to be a Dad.

Options
I've recommitted myself to my health, and I know I need a little help. I've started and stopped so many times I've lost count. A few things that I didn't do before that I'm doing now. I'll be more prepared with my meals, by planning them out, and I'm seeking support. I use to think that I should be able to do this by myself, and that I was a "LOSER" if I didn't. I use to think that way a lot. But I'm changing my mindset, my attitude, and determined to change my life.

I'm married to a beautiful woman, and I want to be the man, and husband I should be. I'm also going to be a father for the first time, and I want to be the Dad my child deserves.

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    go ahead and add me if you want.. I need to lose another 70-80 to be in a healthy range.
  • amwoodruff
    amwoodruff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same story, and I am a new mom, and just left my job, so it is especially important that I stay motivated and not sleep on the couch all day when the baby is occupied. Team up!
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I used to think the same :) More so I used to think people would make fun of me if i was calorie counting :P
    But! Everyone here is very motivating. We help eachother out.
    So add me :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat... mine had taken on a bit more water if you know what I mean... feel free to add me. I've lost 101 and have about 111 to go... My sons are thirteen and three and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... Been at this since July and I'm doing really well.
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm starting to feel even more motivated already, lol.
  • John_185
    John_185 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    please add me. I am a dad, with 3 and 5 year old kids. I need to lose about 35. Welcome
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've got 80 more to lose! You can add me!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    Options
    We are in the same boat... mine had taken on a bit more water if you know what I mean... feel free to add me. I've lost 101 and have about 111 to go... My sons are thirteen and three and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired... Been at this since July and I'm doing really well.

Wow, that's huge achievement. Congrats.. That's very motivating to hear. And I know about being sick and tired of being sick and tired. My wife is also, sick and tired. lol.
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming child! I'm Mark, feel free to add me.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting ready to be a first time dad! I'm recently married to an amazing man and I want to be the wife he deserves. I want to be healthy and able to do activities with him. I have over 130lbs to lose. I originally joined MFP at the begininng of the year but didn't utilize what it has to offer. I recently started back up and this time I decided I needed to get friends for support. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • angeladawnwright
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a dad!! I am going to try and do this once again! I seem to fall off the boat all the time when it comes to weight loss. I just recently quit smoking, and I have added on more weight. I am tired of feeling the way I do. So I am back and ready to be better. If I can quit smoking I can do this!! Best of luck to you!!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    Options
    Congrats on getting ready to be a first time dad! I'm recently married to an amazing man and I want to be the wife he deserves. I want to be healthy and able to do activities with him. I have over 130lbs to lose. I originally joined MFP at the begininng of the year but didn't utilize what it has to offer. I recently started back up and this time I decided I needed to get friends for support. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

Excellent. I love to see how folks want get fit and health for themselves, but also for their better halves. My wife definitely deserves a better husband. I look forward to this journey with everyone.
  • BiggMikeSurf
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a dad!! I am going to try and do this once again! I seem to fall off the boat all the time when it comes to weight loss. I just recently quit smoking, and I have added on more weight. I am tired of feeling the way I do. So I am back and ready to be better. If I can quit smoking I can do this!! Best of luck to you!!

Smoking that's a hard one. Funny you mention it, when I quit around 7-8 years ago.. I did start to gain weight too, and I've never lost it. Wish you much success.
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the child! You have made a big step for yourself and everybody you love. It is hard. Be realistic with your goals and remember that every tiny thing you do to better yourself and your health is a BIG deal and helps.

I've been at it since September and I've lost 30lbs. . . the first 10 were a breeze, as always, and I've slowly struggled with the last 20. Pre logging food helps me stay focused and see that I'm not going to "starve". Still have about 80 to 100 more to go. I'll decide when to stop offically when my body tells me too.

Good Luck, Add me if you wish.
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    Feel free to add me. After Thanksgiving I recommitted to becoming healthy. I had lost 46 lbs but got off track after some stressful times this past summer and regained it plus some to reach a new all time high weight of 389 and need to cut that in half to help with some medical issues.
  • Timbit5
    Options
    "Loser" can have a whole new meaning...you can be a big one...I have 85 lbs to drop also and I want to be a big Loser too....good luck :wink:
  • Timbit5
    Options
    Wow...congrats on your success so far :smile: to all that have replied to this post....101 lbs down guy way to go
  • BiggMikeSurf
    Options
    Congrats on the child! You have made a big step for yourself and everybody you love. It is hard. Be realistic with your goals and remember that every tiny thing you do to better yourself and your health is a BIG deal and helps.

I've been at it since September and I've lost 30lbs. . . the first 10 were a breeze, as always, and I've slowly struggled with the last 20. Pre logging food helps me stay focused and see that I'm not going to "starve". Still have about 80 to 100 more to go. I'll decide when to stop offically when my body tells me too.

Good Luck, Add me if you wish.

Thanks very much. 30 lbs since September, that's really impressive. Congrats to you. Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated.
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 75 lbs, am an old dad, and would love to give you all the motivation of a man on a similar mission! Good luck, and please add me as a friend!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    Options
    "Loser" can have a whole new meaning...you can be a big one...I have 85 lbs to drop also and I want to be a big Loser too....good luck :wink:

Absolutely. That's the only kind of Loser I want to be from now on.. Thanks. lol.