Anyone else have this problem? Free food?

Options
13»

Replies

• fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to count everything you eat. After a while you will realize the calories are not not worth giving up the next meal. I indulge periodically just so I don't feel deprived and want to quite eating right.

So true. I now see a mini roll and think over 150 calories....do I really want this? More often than not I think not really.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    this happens to me too! sometimes (and this might be even weirder) i grab a piece or two of the free pizza to take home and put in the freezer. I'll have it as a meal later on in the week that i can plan for and i'll add some veggies. Doesn't mess up my calories for that day and serves as a little treat for later :)

^this. seems like a good idea
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is a huge problem for me! Especially being a broke student, I feel like I need to take advantage of ANYTHING that's free. There are often events on campus with free pizza, bbq's, or receptions with lots of treats and goodies after a workshop or concert.

I've made a deal with myself that I'm allowed to have the free "meals", like grabbing a free hotdog or piece of pizza at lunch if I've already eaten because it can save me a considerable amount of money. However, if it's just some desserts and refreshments that aren't occurring at a meal time, then I do my best to stay away. I've only been somewhat successful so far...