Size 8 by 26th birthday

Options
*waves*

I'm 5'10" and presently weigh around 190. I was about 30 pounds lighter back in 2010, but then depression kicked in and I ended up gaining weight like mad. I have a mostly sedentary desk job, but I'm looking to get a pilates ball for work. I'm by myself for 2-3 hours every day, so I have some time for a short workouts between calls. I'd really like to be down to 160lbs. My fiancee made me a bet that if I could do that by my birthday in July, we could go to Virginia (this may be upgraded to a cruise to Mexico with my dad and step-mom in the fall). I also have wedding dress shopping to motivate me.

I've faltered in the past, but I really think I can make it by changing my habits. I have a huge sweet tooth and eat way more candy than I should. I've started substituting seasonal fruit (presently pomegranates) and have upped my water intake to over 64oz. a day. I'm trying to make a habit of cardio/lifting 3x/week and 15 minutes of yoga on the other days.

Feel free to add me. It's nice to have friends along on a journey.

Replies

• stronger_today
    stronger_today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I could always use more friends, feel free to add me. I think you are off to a good start.