How do you accecpt yourself?

Options
I am having continued difficulty with binging and having thoughts of food and weight taking over my daily thoughts.

If I could accept myself the way I am obviously that would be ideal but I just can't get my thoughts to give me the benefit of the doubt. I go to the gym 4-6 days a week but recently I have just been feeling tired and worn down and not able to work as hard as I usually do and the whole process is just getting to me.

How can I make my thoughts change so that I can be happy with "me" now?

Replies

• DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump

having to think of what healthy stuff to eat makes me stress therefore leading to binge eating....vicious cycle :(
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    takes a while to learn who you are and learn to love who you are..if you dont like something about yourself then do what it takes to make the change. for me i am losing weight because of my health. i have high blood pressure .and had a TIA when i was 42 and tilting the scales at 300lbs.. with a series of ups and downs since 2002, i am finally at that point where i do love who i am. i am a great person with a fun loving attiitude who just loves doing what i do. dieitng is tough but i really try hard to do it ..i lost 80lbs since 2010 and then gained 30 back but this time around i did not get depressed or hate myself.. actually i enjoyed most every piece of crap i ate this summer ..however i do not want to get back to 300lbs and i rather enjoy being healhier and active so im back to the ol' diet and workout regime again.. with a positive attitude