Today begins the rest of "Here We GO!"

Options
I'm just starting today. Trying to maintain the course of recent weight loss, and am looking for company. Progress so far has been by recording what I've eaten ( had to give up eating out for a while -way too much sodium for weight loss =( and by increasing exercise frequency.

SO far so good, but the weeks are getting long and I haven't made any more progress since Christmas. Hope to find folk interested in being pushed, checked up on and are willing to push and check up on me. All in fun-even if it is serious.

At 56+ I had almost gotten to the point that I didn't think I could make a real change. But I have!!! This can be done! Glad to join a group of folk who are gettin'er done too!

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! And Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Come join us!

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY

Lots of ladies our age supporting each other.

(The group is listed under 'Motivation and Support'):happy:
  • db1954
    db1954 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I am amazed how similar our story sounds. I will be 56 this year. I have struggled with weight my entire life. As I am getting older, my body is telling me that I must reduce my weight. Since I initially began, I have lost about 20 lbs. Since Christmas I have been writing down, but it just wasn't working. I saw this website in a magazine and decided to try it. I really think this may work! Since I have over 100 lbs to get off, I am making smaller goals. When I reach those, I will set another goal. Looking at the whole picture is just too overwhelming. I know I will need to be "pushed", and am very willing to encourage others. Feel free to email me, if you think I can help! Good luck!
  • lntbb
    lntbb Posts: 30
    Options
    Kathy,
    I was able to find the 50+ post, but need a few details. Do we report every day, or only on the first of the month? Do I list my goals somewhere else or how do I make sure I'm recording where and when I should?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Kathy,
    I was able to find the 50+ post, but need a few details. Do we report every day, or only on the first of the month? Do I list my goals somewhere else or how do I make sure I'm recording where and when I should?

We pretty much post when we want. Some post every day. I try to but don't always have time. Some people set goals--my Feb. ones are in my signature--just kind of jump in and say 'hi'. Maybe tell a little about yourself--that's what I did.

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules--we just give each other support and motivation.

db1954--you are welcome to come join in, too!