Anyone tried Isagenix?

Options

Replies

• Mama2HnC
    Options
    Thanks for the info! That was the only helpful post here...
    I'm too very iffy on isagenix, I was just asking for some advice.. I couldn't find some really substantial articles on the internet. People on here can be so rude, I feel so embarrassed for even posting. Isn't this site about support?
    I too love acorn squash, we love all squashes in our house. I'll try added more to my diet.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor? Maybe you're anemic. I have two conditions that cause me to be anemic but for the most part neither affects me. That could be what's going on here in which you just need to eat more ____-rich food. For me, it's iron for one of the conditions. As long as I get enough iron, I'm great.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Do people read my posts prior to commenting?
    I'm not some dumb chick who eats crap and does diets so I can lose weight, while running on low amounts of sleep and artificial sweeteners and crap diets

I eat really well... I just want a answer. I already take iron pills, and I'm taking a B-12 supplement. I'm just feeling so burnt out. I've tried adding more fats to my diet as well.

I eat clean through my morning/afternoon meals and at dinner I normally make a homemade meals for my family. Such as chillis, stews, chicken dishes, soups, pastas etc.

I read your original post. You should consider taking a week at maintenance intake, save your money and buy your family something nice, and enjoy the energy you get from the extra food.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love the shakes. But I turn to shakes as quick meals now and then anyway. So it's not like I'm turning to the Isagenix shake formula as some sort of magic drug.

I also like the sleep works spray.

I will say that I didn't really notice much from the cleanse. Aside from having to pee every 15 minutes. I wasn't expecting magic weight loss here either. But I didn't feel more alive. I definitely didn't feel more energized.

I'm currently in the process of trying to delete my account b/c they want you to have autoship, and I just don't need that much protein powder that regularly.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    People on here can be so rude, I feel so embarrassed for even posting. Isn't this site about support?
    You might notice that folks were criticizing the idea of using the product, not you personally. I would encourage you to keep this in mind, and not make yourself out to be some kind of MyFitnessVictim.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! That was the only helpful post here...
    I'm too very iffy on isagenix, I was just asking for some advice.. I couldn't find some really substantial articles on the internet. People on here can be so rude, I feel so embarrassed for even posting. Isn't this site about support?
    I too love acorn squash, we love all squashes in our house. I'll try added more to my diet.

I think you're being overly sensitive and this could be a function of diet as well. I haven't seen anyone personally attack you in this thread and I'm not personally attacking you when I'm suggesting that you're being overly sensitive.

Save your money, increase calories to maintenance intake for a week. Re-evaluate your position at the end of the week and if things aren't better, repost in this thread.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback, I would encourage some of you to be a bit more kind in your responses... on another note, I agree on isagenix, I don't want a quick fix for my energy.. and i was afraid that this is all it would be... and hearing some of you who have gone on the system, it seems it's all it was. I'll keep on to find a more natural help in giving me a kick!
    I'll just try kicking my calories up a notch and eating more protein currently. I usually eat more around 14-1500 calories.. just the last few days have been hectic!
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    I'm overly sensitive ;) I'm a mom of a 1 & 2 year old.. Can't wait until that's gone!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Um you have two young children of course you're going to be tired?

THIS!!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 1400 calories a day. I'd like to lose a few more pounds. A FEW as in 4-6. I said in my above post that my motive for doing the Isagenix was to gain energy, not lose weight.
    Once I'm at my desired goal, I'll be up at 1800 calories again.

I feel bad for posting, yikes!

If you have to active kids and you are chasing them around and running around as much as you say, you need to eat more! Jesus, it isn't that hard. Your body has just popped out 2 kids in less than 3 years and you are trying to keep up with 2 energy machines..no wonder you are tired. Eat more. Drink coffee/tea. done
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Please check with your doctor. There can be a number of medical causes for lack of energy; many women of small children have thyroid issues and don't know it.

I had a 20 month old and 2 month old and was dragging on a major level. I went to the dr who checked for low thyroid, it turns out I had graves disease (overactive thyroid). Left untreated I could have died. Thyroid problems are "silent" killers.

Please get yourself checked out by a medical professional and ask for their advice on the isagenix (which my coworkers said did nothing for them).
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Unless you are not logging everything you eat, you are not eating enough calories to give you energy. Being under 1200 calories is not healthy.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    [/quote]

If you have to active kids and you are chasing them around and running around as much as you say, you need to eat more! Jesus, it isn't that hard. Your body has just popped out 2 kids in less than 3 years and you are trying to keep up with 2 energy machines..no wonder you are tired. Eat more. Drink coffee/tea. done
    [/quote]

Okay, I'll up my calories to 1700-1800.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    What?! I Don't eat below 1200!!! My goal is for 1430 I believe I've on MFP.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options

Okay, I'll up my calories to 1700-1800.
    [/quote]
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Thanks for everyones help! I'll up my calories and eat more fats/protein!
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to help, not be rude or mean. I went through your diary and counted 9 days in November of the ones you logged that were below 1200 calories. I am not sure if it is because you didn't log the whole day or not. I agree with other people that you should try upping your calories a bit before spending a lot of money on a product that probably will not work. I would also maybe research more and see what besides coffee will boost your energy. Sorry if I came off rude or mean before.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    If it's below 1200 calories I didn't log. Infact, I think I've only fully logged a hand full of days in november.
    My husband has been work 7 days a week, 11-13 hour days, so I just simply don't have the time of forget.

I'll make more of a effort. But yes, I do agree. I need to boost my calories. It's set at 1430 right now, and I'll put it up to 1700.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I already eat INCREDIBLY WELL and exercise 3-5 times a week... I've two busy toddlers, so depending on the day, sometimes I feel like I already got worked enough! ;)
    I eat 80% clean and 20% whatever... whatever meaning, homemade treats.

We don't eat dairy, wheat and try to stay really low on the refined sugars.. I'm just really exhausted all the time, I've tried boosting my protein, boosting my calories, sleeping longer, sleeping less, working out at different times etc..
    I'm tired of depending on my morning coffee to give me a temporary high.

I understand where you're coming from. But I already eat really well... so I don't see how I can improve in that regard. AGAIN: Not doing this for weight loss in the slightest... I'm only a few pounds from my "perfect weight" and I can easily obtain that with my current diet... I just want to feel ALIVE AGAIN... as I did before kids!

Have you had a physical lately? Maybe levels of things, such as iron, may be low. I know having two young kids makes ME tired, even when I'm eating well, exercising, and sleeping enough. They're just good at wearing people out. :ohwell: