Shape Ups

Options
So I'm considering buying a pair of Sketchers Shape Up shoes. I'm curious as to what other people think. I've read a couple of reviews online.

I'm really curious about the mens in particular. I'm 6'2" and have a size 12-13 foot. I haven't seen any of the men's in person, I've only seen the woman's style and I really want a cute pair. Usually Sketchers does a pretty decent job of making some of their shoes pretty uni-sex friendly.

Any who... what do you think of the shoes? I've read that it's almost like you're walking in sand.

Replies

• fozzy33
    Options
    Im a manager at Sports Authority...we carry the line of Sketcher's Shape Ups for women. I hear a lot of "Walking on sand" comments too from people who own them, also get quite a bit of returns from people claiming it hurts their lower back to much...their legs ache...etc.

I think to myself well if your legs and backside ache it must be working :-)

I personally am excited about the line of New Balance toners (same concept as the Sketchers) that come out in a few weeks. The design is amazing and I read they are much better than the Sketchers.

Good Luck!
    Michelle
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere they are bogus. I think someone on mfp mentioned it actually. they did research on it. Do a message board search, you should find something. Personally, I don't think they are the most attractive footware out there either...:tongue:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I'd like to try the Reebok EasyTone's instead. They're not so "platform" looking and their reviews were a little better. Unfortunately, they're the same price and very hard to find! My order got canceled because they ran out of stock . . .but I'm still looking!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I love mine... I have not had leg cramp or foot cramp one since receiving them for Christmas. As a matter of fact I'm considering buying a pair of sandals for the warmer weather (whenever that will be LOL :laugh: ). My 23 year daughter also received a pair and she loves hers as well.:flowerforyou:
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    Im a manager at Sports Authority...we carry the line of Sketcher's Shape Ups for women. I hear a lot of "Walking on sand" comments too from people who own them, also get quite a bit of returns from people claiming it hurts their lower back to much...their legs ache...etc.

I think to myself well if your legs and backside ache it must be working :-)

I personally am excited about the line of New Balance toners (same concept as the Sketchers) that come out in a few weeks. The design is amazing and I read they are much better than the Sketchers.

Good Luck!
    Michelle

And these New Balance Toners, Can you tell me any more about them? Like why do they excite you??