What's your goal?

Options
Now is the time to get started if you haven't already. Don't wait til the start of a New Year to work on your health!

My immediate goal is to lose 5 pounds by Christmas. What's your goal? What do you hope to accomplish for your body in the near future?

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Mine is to not give up on C25k when it starts to get hard. I know I can physically do it, but I don't know if I can mentally do it.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    to gain some serious mass, even if it means putting some lbs of fat on lol. over coming the fear of geting fat and progressing further towards the end result, more muscle and a six pack
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I have mental wars between lifting as much as possible on my squat/deadlift/bench and looking sexy.

Considering I'm a touch fat now, they conflict. I hate body fat...
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    lean gains, back down to the 14% bodyfat I once was and keep progressing and lifting hard :( damn you pizza and beer.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Lose 35 lbs in 11 weeks.
    Get to a 400lb deadlift.
  • cheseblock101
    Options
    My first goal is to get back below 200 lbs ... I want to lose 35 lbs before spring break next year
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Short term, to lose 30 more pounds.

Long term, to run a Tough Mudder in 18 months.

Yes, I'm crazy.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Short term, to lose 30 more pounds.

Long term, to run a Tough Mudder in 18 months.

Yes, I'm crazy.

Not crazy! Sounds like you're motivated. I bet you'll do awesome!
  • inkedyouth
    Options
    to compete , get a pro card in the next 5 years .........get sponsored , get paid to do what i love

i heart bodybuilding
  • cheliki
    Options
    Drop a few of dress sizes for my best mates wedding in 2014. I know its 2 years away, but I'm gonna be a bridesmaid, so yeah!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My goal is to maintain my weight and improve my current fitness level. To me, that means endurance, energy, and long lean muscle.

by the #'s - weigh 129 pounds, and move nike fuel from 2000 to 4000 a day average, and move barre 3 from 1-2 sessions of 10-30 minutes to three sessions of 10-30 minutes... or a total of 45 minutes to an hour and a half a day. That's my 2013 goals and I started last weekend!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Run the Ottawa Marathon next May.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    To run a half marathon next september. Weight wise: get into the 140's by the new year
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To lose 10lbs and I want to be able to run a tough mudder by 2014. My weight loss goal is to get to 135 in 6 months and to maintain after that.
  • claire7090
    Options
    To keep maintaining my weight in 2013. Reached my goal in May 2012 (5'6" 146lbs UK dress size 10) and apart from fluctuations of a couple of lbs up and down (which I think is just normal life) I have held my weight steady since.

I never want to weigh anywhere near 179lbs again which is where I started in Aug 2011.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    To get to my preliminary goal of being healthy at 140 pounds by Christmas (4.2 pounds to go) c'mon!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    to get into the healthy BMI range ( currently obese 2)

to wear a size 8 ( haven't done that in 17 years)

to do a 100lb barbell squat

to get a trainer and learn other lifts
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Short-term, get to 215lbs by New Year. Pretty tough but doable as long as I watch myself over Christmas and don't go overboard with the food.

Long term, to be fit and healthy by this time next year. Ideally around 160lbs, but as long as I feel happy and healthy then I'm ok with that even if it is over 160lbs.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I would like to get down to 195 by New Years. That would make a total loss of 50 lbs since June 18th of this year.
  • bystander1943
    bystander1943 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get my weight down from the top of the overweight range for my height to the top of the normal range by 1st May next year - and to learn how to dance!