Rate of Body Fat Loss

Options
I was wondering if there is a general guidline for how long it takes to loose body fat or if it all depends on the person? Just for reference I lift heavy 3 days a week, play soccer 2 nights a week, and do Army PT one day a week. I have lost (according to one of those handheld body fat calculators) .5% in 23 days. Is this reasonable? Is there a way I can make it more? Im fine if that is a standard pace for loss, just wondering though. Please ask questions, diary is open.

My goal is strictly to loose body fat, maybe get down to 18%
Stats
5'2
29 yo
Varying from 136-138lbs
Body Fat at a normal setting 25.7% at an athletic setting 24.5%, I didn't know what constituted athletic so I did both :)

Thanks for input!

- JoAnna

Replies

• OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Differs by person-age, type of food intake etc. Took me 7 months to lose 16%
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if there is a general guidline for how long it takes to loose body fat or if it all depends on the person? Just for reference I lift heavy 3 days a week, play soccer 2 nights a week, and do Army PT one day a week. I have lost (according to one of those handheld body fat calculators) .5% in 23 days. Is this reasonable? Is there a way I can make it more? Im fine if that is a standard pace for loss, just wondering though. Please ask questions, diary is open.

My goal is strictly to loose body fat, maybe get down to 18%
    Stats
    5'2
    29 yo
    Varying from 136-138lbs
    Body Fat at a normal setting 25.7% at an athletic setting 24.5%, I didn't know what constituted athletic so I did both :)

Thanks for input!

- JoAnna

Shoot for a pound a week
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    if you hit a pound per week of BODY FAT loss, you are doing AWESOME...

unless you're just starving yourself and losing 2 pounds of lean mass in the same week.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    How much does a lb equal to % wise? Obviously with the weights Im trying to maintain the lean muscle.