Why do SUV drivers feel so entitled to...

Options

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    on 3 lane highways usually the center lane is the slow lane. The right lane is for passing whle avoiding people passing on the left...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTU-ghICbmkDVuPdXVIC96pPB_yFbGjAlyV502SyI9cLSUtbdHFQ

I ain't here reporting how it should work, I'm reporting how it actually works. The center lane always gets backed up because people are staying out of the fast lane and avoiding exiters/mergers.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    on 3 lane highways usually the center lane is the slow lane. The right lane is for passing whle avoiding people passing on the left...

Really? Did not know this... I thought it was always illegal to pass on the right? (unless, of course, you are in another country where they drive on the left...)
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Ignore the speed limit and stay with the flow of traffic. You won't get a ticket and your won't have someone riding your *kitten*. It's a win - win.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hit your breaks and hope they have insurance.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Slow traffic get in the right lane. Seriously. Although in your case it just seems like the driver is being stupid and THEY need to move over. It's not that hard. But it bugs me when someone is driving under the speed limit or slow in the fast lane.

If some *kitten* does this to me in the right lane then I break check them, someone rear-ended me when I did it once, guess who paid for the damage? I actually have horrible road rage, there are a lot of horrible drivers out there. But it's not just SUV driver they just have confidence BC they have big cars!

If you're not going to drive fast then move the hell over and stop complaining. (not directed to OP lol just people in general)

Left lane is the PASSING lame not the drive the speed limit lane.

I suggest staying out of Boston if you're one of those people does that haha you'd hate it here
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Really? Did not know this... I thought it was always illegal to pass on the right? (unless, of course, you are in another country where they drive on the left...)

I've never heard that either. In Missouri, that is NOT the case. You are not supposed to pass on the right here.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until one of them hits me, I'm so going to get a new car at their expense!

Yeah, you'll show them when they hit you and total your car with you in it (and hopefully no children).
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Ignore the speed limit and stay with the flow of traffic. You won't get a ticket and your won't have someone riding your *kitten*. It's a win - win.

That makes too much sense! :wink:

I love the blanket statement that reserves bad driving to just SUV drivers. You need to pay more attention to your surroundings, and you'll see bad drivers are in every form of vehicle.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love SUVS!!!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Get in the right lane. Seriously

I think it was pretty clear she IS in the right lane.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I drive a Hummer H3 in Dallas, with no problems at all! I drive the speed limit - In the right lane (as opposed to the wrong lane) -I have never gotten any tickets, ever! (Just as sure as I say that , I'll get one tomorrow)!! :laugh:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Also.. a nice trick if someone is riding your *kitten*, drive onto the side road a bit where all the rocks are and it will spit them at their car. They will back off pretty fast.

Are you serious? That is dangerous and could seriously hurt the person behind you! SHAME ON YOU.

Just thought I would make that comment before someone else could, since I am leaving and will miss it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I can't wait until one of them hits me, I'm so going to get a new car at their expense!

Yeah, you'll show them when they hit you and total your car with you in it (and hopefully no children).

Hey, it works if the person has good insurance.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I drive a Hummer H3 in Dallas, with no problems at all! I drive the speed limit - In the right lane (as opposed to the wrong lane) -I have never gotten any tickets, ever! (Just as sure as I say that , I'll get one tomorrow)!! :laugh:

:love:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Also.. a nice trick if someone is riding your *kitten*, drive onto the side road a bit where all the rocks are and it will spit them at their car. They will back off pretty fast.

Are you serious? That is dangerous and could seriously hurt the person behind you! SHAME ON YOU.

Just thought I would make that comment before someone else could, since I am leaving and will miss it.

Just break up!
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You know what, I have to agree! I live in a liberal city where Honda Civics, Priuses, and Smartcars are most common, and anything larger than a 4-runner are tourists. Every time I go back to my home town, I notice the trucks are filling up more and more of the road (both in popularity AND size). I actually drive 5 miles per hour above the speed limit, and trucks STILL make sure to tailgate me then drive around me. I have a large car, I'm just not a truck! What I don't like is when trucks feel they can cut you off as they come out of a parking lot. It's not even like they're faster--I would understand a small car whipping in front of me, but its just a power trip, even if unintentional. Anyway, just had to say you're not alone. I'm sure these other jerks drive trucks :P
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Cause I can....
    And - haven't gotten 2 tickets..so bite me
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My X5 twin turbo has hit the 160mph limiter a few times. I always have problems with people going too slow! ;)
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like SOMEONE is suffering from little car syndrome!

LOL

Sheesh...way to generalize, OP.

I drive an SUV and don't speed, tailgate, or drive like I own the road.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I drive a lifted truck and jeep and don't tailgate people like the OP because they always panic brake because they just spilled their frappuccino on their iphone.